Hurrah - some good news

(11 Posts)
WendyGx Wed 31-Oct-12 11:02:15

To some it may be a small thing, but to us its a major milestone. Just had email from SW telling us that my consultant's report confirms my treatment is over and I'm fit for matching. Yahoo, what a massive relief. We've been waiting for this letter for almost 8 weeks (as consultant lost the first request - duh).

It was a short but sweet email but its already resulted in screaming, crying, more screaming and a little cry. My sister is still squealling and insisted I read it to her twice, before word by word analysis! This rollercoaster really makes you appreciate the little achievements doesn't it? Well it could be weeks or years before a match, but at least its started.

We're nesting like no one's ever nested before! If it can be cleaned, it has been and will be again even if its clean. If it can be decorated, it has been. We keep looking at things and thinking, 'we better sort that now before...' ...before what we dare not say out loud. Its getting expensive!

Anyway, I hope my joy isn't anything other than heartwarming and motivational for those starting this rollercoaster - and huge amusement for the experts who secretly are chuckling at what crazy madness we are about to unleash on our very sedate lives.

Moomoomie Wed 31-Oct-12 11:56:12

Another hurdle over. Well done.
Good luck.

Great news. Brilliant.

KristinaM Wed 31-Oct-12 16:42:24

Excellent news Wendy

ChoccyJules Wed 31-Oct-12 21:34:09

Really pleased for you!

funnychic Wed 31-Oct-12 21:46:08

That is fabulous wendy I am so pleased for you xx

Tigglette Wed 31-Oct-12 22:40:11

Oh fab, it is so encouraging to see folk moving through this process...

HappySunflower Wed 31-Oct-12 22:52:57

Excellent!

Has your SW given any indication as to whether there are any children in mind for you?

You must be so excited after such a gruelling wait

Lovesoftplay Thu 01-Nov-12 10:35:29

How fantastic smile won't be long now!!

MyDogEatsPoop Thu 01-Nov-12 11:43:40

Great news! You're nearly there!

WendyGx Sat 03-Nov-12 13:47:06

Hi all and thanks for your comments. Last time we spoke there were not any possible matches in the LA. But expecting to hear from her soon to discuss the plan going forward. We'd prefer to adopt within the region, not necessarily LA, so we may expand oit. Ooooo, exciting times.

Been away with work and someone was telling everyone they were pregnant and people were wishing her well and cooing around her. At first I felt somewhat jealous as I didn't feel I could share my news. But then I quite enjoyed keeping my news a secret. Felt a little smug actually - ha ha!

Thanks again all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now