What presents went down well with your 6yo boy?

(31 Posts)
MegBusset Sat 29-Dec-12 22:18:20

Just looking for ideas for DS1 whose 6th birthday is in Feb! He got Lego, toy raygun, books and Bin Weevils stuff for Christmas which were all hits but wouldn't mind a few different ideas...

DowagersHump Sat 29-Dec-12 22:35:52

Skylanders is a massive hit but you need a wii/ps/xbox.

Geomag magnetic sticks and balls are also good if you haven't got any small children in the house

myhandslooksoold Sat 29-Dec-12 22:39:45

My ds loves hexbugs nano, magnext, Lego (you can nearly never have too much!), angry birds game (one where you have to build your towers and then knock them over) remote controlled cars, gross science kit, box of gross tricks.

suebfg Sat 29-Dec-12 22:42:56

Lego vampire castle, Lego book to inspire you to make creations from the Lego you already have and Steve Backshall book re 60 deadly species

BabysPointlessPocket Sat 29-Dec-12 22:48:12

Argos value two way walkie talkies. They are fantastic, very clear, long range, no crackles or hisses and only £20. I he loves them.

EverybodysSnowyEyed Sat 29-Dec-12 22:54:37

big hit for ds was hexbugs and meccano

Parrish Sat 29-Dec-12 23:31:45
Parrish Sat 29-Dec-12 23:33:22
NotAnotherPackedLunch Sat 29-Dec-12 23:40:12

Playmobil and remote control cars were the big hits this year.

My six year old DS really likes the new Skylanders Giants game and spent his Christmas money on three figures to go with it. He enjoys playing the game on the Wii but we limit his time on it so he also plays with just the figures.

He loves Lego. He and I went to see the new Hobbit film which he enjoyed so I bought him a couple of sets of The Hobbit Lego and he's played with them lots.

He also got some new Bakugan toys in his stocking and they went down well too.

Dontbeatmeupitsxmas Sat 29-Dec-12 23:43:22

Furby, slime factory and anything slime related, little Star Wars pods and glow in the dark paint from elc.

Oh, another big hit was Party Monopoly. We've played it three times since Christmas Day.

Normal Monopoly takes hours and I he tends to get bored and lose concentration but this is much less complicated and quicker to finish.

Ds will be 6 in April and loved robo sapiens and scrabble

kateecass Sun 30-Dec-12 16:54:16

DS is loving his Micro Chargers Santa brought him.

AltinkumATEalltheTurkey Sun 30-Dec-12 16:58:09

Skylanders is massive hit here and also, his tablet, both limited, but the tablet he gets extra time as enloves playing on the math and problem solving for kids, and also learning IT activities.

He also loves his Lego and his arts and crafts sets.

PatriciaHolm Sun 30-Dec-12 17:38:34

Action Football (like subbuteo), monopoly millionaire, Lego!

IAmLouisWalsh Sun 30-Dec-12 17:41:09

Lightsabers. About to confiscate it, though.

Also Lego. And Monopoly, but he is a lousy loser!

MegBusset Sun 30-Dec-12 18:07:39

Is Micro Chargers like Scalextric? We were considering Micro Scalextric but not sure if he's a bit young (plus 3yo DS2 would want to play too so there'd be tears if he couldn't manage it).

He's not really that into board games - prefers stuff he can fiddle about with himself (hence Lego) and also loves drawing. We have a family iPad and don't want to go down the Wii/Xbox route for as long as we can get away with!

hermioneweasley Sun 30-Dec-12 18:09:48

Playmobil top agents "baddie" car to attack the spy base he got last Christmas. DN loves skylander toys without having the game,

InNeedOfBrandy Sun 30-Dec-12 18:10:31

My 5 yr old ds loves the remote controlled tarantula I bought him and the baking set I made up for him with a book, bowls, cookie cutters and such. We've just finished the pizzas he made using one recipe!

neolara Sun 30-Dec-12 18:13:31

This lego monster fighters castle was a massive hit for my ds's 6th birthday. It was on sale before Xmas so was significantly cheaper.

kateecass Mon 31-Dec-12 09:52:37

Under no account buy scalextrix, so annoying car always fly off and they need constant fixing by you, it will just stay under the bed.

Micro chargers we got is this though the cars are tiny (inch long). DS has brought just the car and charger away with us.

Also we bought board game Coppit for Xmas and last night whole family were playing it including my 4 yo and great uncle. The little ones keep winning fsmle

kateecass Mon 31-Dec-12 09:54:19

That should have been smile

BodyOfEeyore Mon 31-Dec-12 09:56:40

Imaginext Batman toys and Trash Packs.

I havent been able to tear my DS away from his micro scalextric. Have found no fault with the cars, if they fly off he just puts them back on himself.

Also lego kept him quiet.

Pinball machine from Early Learning Centre, I bought it dead cheap the week before they closed my store. It's been very popular but lots of arguments between him and his sister...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now