So, what festive things will you be doing for the rest of the Christmas period?

(20 Posts)
Scout19075 United States Thu 27-Dec-12 22:37:06

We took SmallBoyScout on a steam train ride today. We do it fairly regularly but it was nice to see all of the trains and stations decorated for Christmas. We'll also be going for at least two pub lunches (yum!) and I hope to get to the shops at least once to troll through the sales.

usualsuspect3 Thu 27-Dec-12 22:08:00

Eating all the Christmas chocolates and err that's it.

chocolateistheenemy Thu 27-Dec-12 22:00:12

My birthday! Bit rubbish having bday smack inbetween crimbo and ny but always think of it as a spirit lifter even if I would rather my skint friends and family didn't have to shell out on me...

Not really Festive things but:

DD and I are going shopping tomorrow
DH and DS will go to see The Hobbit

Planning for NYE- meal, 10 Pin Bowling , fireworks (decent ones not damp squib ones)

Sorting through the decorations before they go back in the attic (for another year -sob)

OhyouMerryLittleKitten Thu 27-Dec-12 21:47:46

Will be eating leftovers and going to the cinema and perhaps a family outing next week. Mostly though will be just mooching about in pjs.

ledkr Spain Thu 27-Dec-12 21:47:02

Dh back at work tomorrow I could cry,this is one year I'd have liked to extend the festivities because the children were ill over Xmas.
I'm not tidying away any of the Xmas stuff and will keep it as Christmassy as I can over the weekend. We have panto on n y eve and I am going to the races n y day. I also plan to take dd1 out to the cinema one night.

We3bunniesOfOrientAre Thu 27-Dec-12 21:42:57

Going to cinema tomorrow, eating lots of Christmas cake and panettone (which I went overboard on for some reason this year). Need to have a walk and iif the rain doesn't stop soon will need to be a wellies and waterproofs one. Having a time shift party with the dc on mon/tues. Having some friends over for the australasian leg at lunch time, then indian foor supper - though with dh working may need to be Pakisatani, then some Eastern European and African entertainment (maybe Anastasia or Madagascar), interspersed with fireworks on the hour. Then an all American breakfast around California new Year (if we're lucky - New York if the children rise early!). Dh has a few days off after New Year so may go on day trip to Belgium. Festive enough Star ?

HSMM Thu 27-Dec-12 21:38:37

Back at work already, but seeing panto on 5th Jan will finish Christmas off for me.

Cathycat Thu 27-Dec-12 21:36:37

we are visiting and being visiTed by relatives that we don't get chance to see in term time. the children love to see their cousins, aunties and uncles.

Aww. sad

We put up the tree and decorations on the 24th (cultural thang), and they will be staying up until Twelfth Night. It's a bit depressing to hear most people are fed up of them already!

We'll be going to the theatre to see The Snowman, going on walks (if it stops raining), visiting friends and relatives, maybe ice skating, etc. Just relaxing, really. Dh will have to work some days, but I don't need to go back to work until well into January, which is nice.

ILoveTIFFANY Thu 27-Dec-12 20:29:34

All the christmas lights look fake now... In the shops the new spring clothes are in store.... Look ridiculous with a background of Xmas trees and fake snow

PoppyWearer Thu 27-Dec-12 20:13:39

Christmas is all done here now, apart from the stupid pretend second Christmas being enforced by MIL in a couple of weeks' time, for reasons that escape me completely.

I want to take the tree down now, but I expect we'll wait for New Year's Day.

phoebechicken Thu 27-Dec-12 20:10:35

We're going to see Sooty live in the New Year, and we're off for lunch and shopping tomorrow, as the kids got Build a Bear vouchers to spend. I've booked tickets for the last day of the local panto too because I won some in a raffle and I thought it'd be nice to have something to look forward to mid Jan.

ILoveTIFFANY Thu 27-Dec-12 20:01:52

Can't believe it gets carried on til, what is it? Twelth night or something?

TinaOrNina Thu 27-Dec-12 19:53:18

Christmas finished at bedtime yesterday, DH back to work and normal day today for the DC and I, that's it until next year now.

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 27-Dec-12 19:45:24

Nothing.

I'm actually desperate to go home and move on from all the Christmas/New Year rubbish this year.

I'm tired, bored and fed up, my kidneys appear to be infected again and I'm fed up of being a spare part. I'd go home today if I could.

Your plans sound nice. I guess Christmas is better if you have family of some sort.

2kidsintow Netherlands Thu 27-Dec-12 19:42:38

We have still to exchange a massive amount of gifts with the MIL tomorrow. She goes away at Christmas and then at new year, so we meet and do the present thing in between.

No food or fuss though.

I still want to take my DD to see The Rise of The Guardians.
We have panto on New Year's eve and party food after.

Then I usually take the decs down on New year's day and have a good tidy up.

StarOfLightMcKings3 Thu 27-Dec-12 19:40:50

What? All that effort just for 3 days? Bit miserable.

Don't think we've opened all our cards yet.

ILoveTIFFANY Thu 27-Dec-12 19:39:08

Taking the tree down and recycling the cards!! grin

StarOfLightMcKings3 Thu 27-Dec-12 19:25:58

We've saved back some presents for the kids to open with their last being on the 11th day, with eating the choc tree decs on the 12th when we take the tree down.

We're going to make Christmas chocolates tomorrow and in a few days meeting up with extended family to exchange presents and eat more turkey.

Kids are also going to watch lots of disney vids and we'll play lots of board games.

What are you going to be doing (ideas for next year)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now