Basket for food hamper-where can I buy?

(17 Posts)
ArcticRoll Wed 12-Dec-12 08:30:35

I'm gathering food items to make a personal hamper for my foodie in laws and need to buy a nice but cheap basket /hamper and struggling to think where I can buy one -any ideas?Could trawl charity shops but not really in mood at moment! Many thanks.

diddlediddledumpling Wed 12-Dec-12 08:32:08

Ikea, I got some there last year. Also saw them in a craft shop last week, but more expensive.

ArcticRoll Wed 12-Dec-12 08:35:14

Ah thank you diddlediddledumpling-not sure if I have the stamina for an Ikea run but will look at craft shops.

Colyngbourne Wed 12-Dec-12 09:49:32

Your local hardware store might have some - ours has loads.

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 12-Dec-12 09:53:20

Is there anywhere affordable to get them online?

I'm looking for something nice too but I've had hit-and-miss quality from eBay.

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 12-Dec-12 10:01:44

Is there anywhere affordable to get them online?

I'm looking for something nice too but I've had hit-and-miss quality from eBay.

aimingtobeaperfectionist Wed 12-Dec-12 10:08:00

Dobbies have got them. Also have you tried dunelm?

spottymoo Wed 12-Dec-12 10:36:55

Looks of garden centres round here have them so maybe try your local one smile

Anja1LikesChristmas Wed 12-Dec-12 11:14:41

How about a large bowl / oven dish / tray / chopping board even? If necessary stick the things down with a little sellotape / double-sided tape and then wrap in a big sheet of cellophane?

ArcticRoll Wed 12-Dec-12 11:46:05

Thanks for all the suggestions-I think I'll go with Anja's tip and will look for a cooking tray or bowl-then they can use it again rather than be stuck with a basket!

aimingtobeaperfectionist Wed 12-Dec-12 12:28:30

Last year I got wicker storage basket type boxes from wilcos.

highammhx Fri 12-Apr-13 13:18:44

I spent a lot of time searching for the best prices. But I still think the best variety and often the best deals are here: eBay

BaconAndAvocado Tue 07-May-13 21:13:27

I made hampers for all the grandparents a few Christmasses ago, I got the baskets from TK MAxx. They had a great selection , think I paid £8ish each.

Guitargirl Mon 17-Jun-13 13:53:15

I bought one last year from Home Bargains for about £6.00 - it was quite large - they had different sizes.

i got a lovely wicker shopping basket for my mum on amazon last year. she has wanted one since she was a child, and i got one and filled it with goodies (traditional things from her childhood- handmade mohair bear that i had made for her, coconut ice, toffee, american hard gums and some other things like baileys, hot choc sachets with a lovely bone china mug, and some jewellery that i had made for her) she loved it, and the basket was about £12.

RoadsTwo Fri 28-Jun-13 13:24:15

I did something similar but as we live a little way away got it all through Have since seen allllll of the pics the in-laws sent and it was BEAUTIFUL. You can choose what food things you want to go into the hamper and add your own tag. Postage was a bit steep but totally felt worth it.

RoadsTwo Fri 28-Jun-13 13:25:42

Just seen the date on this - woops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now