Are xmas Lush bath bombs ok for eczema?

(33 Posts)
CobOnTheCorn Tue 11-Dec-12 16:52:14

I like the idea of adding something nice for the bath to the dc's xmas eve hamper but as they both have eczema we never use anything in the bath.

They often ask for bubbles and it would be real treat for them.

Does anyone know if the xmas Lush bath bombs would be ok?

KarenHL Wed 12-Dec-12 01:59:16

We found Burts Bees Baby body wash & shampoo good. At the moment I have have a major flare up with my skin & it's the only soap I can tolerate. Smells good too (a bit like honey), with no SLS & no parabens. I think Boots stock it.

DD has both psoriasis and eczema, and likes the soap from Billy Goat Stuff. Their 'mild n milky' has goats milk and olive oil in it. Before that she used the calenda/chamomile soap made by Trevarno Skincare.

Having said that, in this weather our skin flares up a lot more so I am taking care to moisturise after every bath. E45 didn't help DD much, but we have found Weleda baby calendula lotion good. Still using that brand even though she is much older as we haven't found anything else to match it.

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Wed 12-Dec-12 08:33:58

The problem with eczema is we will all be able to use different products.

For me anything with sea salt, aloe vera, chamomile or lavender will aggrevate my skin but otherrs on here are fine with it.

Tea tree helps my eczema but most people with eczema can't tolerate it.

Some of the products people on this thread have said they or their dc can use have left me itchy and sore for days.

The only way to actually know if it will irritate their skin is if you use it, which is no help at all.

We3NipplesOfVoldiesWeAre Wed 12-Dec-12 08:48:14

DS has has the snowman melt for the past couple of years without a problem. It's actually really moisturised his skin compared to no products.

However in the past when he received bubble bath in fun shaped bottles from relations, I would empty it out, give the bottle a rinse and replace it with Johnson's Baby Bath. That way DS didn't have to miss out. smile

Dawndonna Wed 12-Dec-12 10:47:03

We have psoriasis and excema her. Lush Dream Cream kept in the fridge is divine! I know it sounds odd, but when you get that really burning itch, straight from the fridge is heavenly! I think they do a Dream Cream shower gel now, too.

Dawndonna Wed 12-Dec-12 10:47:09

We have psoriasis and excema her. Lush Dream Cream kept in the fridge is divine! I know it sounds odd, but when you get that really burning itch, straight from the fridge is heavenly! I think they do a Dream Cream shower gel now, too.

Dawndonna Wed 12-Dec-12 10:47:28

Ooo, no idea why that posted twice. Sorry!

Dawndonna Wed 12-Dec-12 10:49:19

Oh, and when younger, we have been known to add a drop of food colouring to bath things that we knew they were okay with. Just to make it a bit more exciting!

BendyBobsBrusselsSprouts Wed 12-Dec-12 10:57:30

I wouldn't put a Lush bath bomb within 10 miles of eczema.

I find the whole Lush thing strange anyway. I was in the shop yesterday. It looks like a sweet shop. They were demonstrating a bath bomb and it crossed my mind that it could give you a nasty dose of cystitis immersing yourself in all that salty, perfumed fizzy brew.

Not for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now