Nan's/Grandma's what have you got yours?

(29 Posts)
Karbea Sun 09-Dec-12 17:59:49

I'm stuck for what to get my 90 year old Nan... Inspiration please!!!!

thank you!

BiddyPop Mon 10-Dec-12 13:21:16

This year, the last Gran is getting a lovely cosy bed-jacket (half length dressing gown) from Marks (now bedbound).

I got her a pot of indoor roses for her birthday in August. My Dad got her lovely l'Occitane hand cream then.

Other presents that I know have gone down well (other Gran died this summer, elder Grandad died 2 years ago - all in 90s), were:
Promises of keeping the garden (mowing lawns and keeping the 2 small beds weeded, occasional bedding plants for colour)
Potted up "indoor gardens" of plant collections in a tub

Lap blankets - "Baby rug" from a good wool company (in not too babyish colours), and I sewed a pair from 2 different lovely Irish tweed materials backed with (flowery cotton for Gran and striped Irish linen for Grandad). All 3 have been well used just over knees while sitting at home in winter, the tweed ones travelled on summer holidays (somewhat windy destination - but after more than 40 years, they weren't going to stop), and all 3 have been used as extra covers and reminders of home for periods in hospital.

Promises of time.

Homemade goodies - as they don't get "proper" homebaking much anymore and were all gone beyond doing it themselves

Phoebe47 Mon 10-Dec-12 14:03:49

Great Grandma - a very pretty cardigan and a blouse - she still loves clothes - plus several packs of pop socks as she gets through loads and a bag to put her necklaces in - special request from her.

TheWombat Mon 10-Dec-12 14:07:08

My 86yo DGM is getting a turquoise wheeled suitcase, to use for her weekend trips to see family. I might put a few 'bits' inside. smile

SantasNaughtySack Mon 10-Dec-12 14:12:15

I've got my nan (75) two jumpers and one of those beaded faux collar necklace things. My sister has got her a DVD set about Cliff Richard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now