what do you have left to get?????

(32 Posts)

i am nearly done, i got the kids main gifts yesterday. i still need to get-
bubble bath for the girls (would like matey but can only find one girlie one)
sweet tubes for their santa sacks
a giant chocolate coin for dd1 (its what she has asked for)
something for my best friend
something for my dad
a ds game for my brother
lego for best friends son

no idea what the somethings will be yet, but i have just over a fortnight to work it out. what do you still need?

Clary Thu 06-Dec-12 23:26:03

Oh man sooooo much

Hoping to make a giant raid on town on Saturday anad get the bulk of it - yy I know, shop online blah blah, but I find at Christmas nothing beats a look in Home Bargains and Wilkos for stocking essentials.

Need to get DD's camera, books for a couple of folk, a diary, calendar for Ds2, chocolate for him too, pants and socks etc etc.

Also need to make sure that other folk know what to get the DCs esp DS2 as if it is the wrong skateboard it will be a major disaster...

Haven't wrapped a thing. Hmmm must get on with that actually. At least I have written all my cards (not very many this year). I'm in a new job and busier than ever before in my life as my ironing pile attests <sigh>

How have so many of you got so much food??? I have a tin of celebrations on offer in asda, ditto M&S biccies and that's all!

Oh yes I have made the cake.

SantaWearsGreen Thu 06-Dec-12 23:27:05

I feel good. We've done everything! I have ordered the food online so slot is booked, all gifts are bought. Just need to wrap them now.. gah.

MonsterBookOfTinsel Thu 06-Dec-12 23:29:35

Dds bike
Friends Dds tinkerbell doll.
Ds's George pig soft toy
All of dh's stuff, getting next week!
Fil
grandfil
Grandmil
That's it as I'm.getting.mums. brothers and mums boyfriends after Christmas as not seeing them till January

KOTK Thu 06-Dec-12 23:30:51

Twelvelegged I'm damn sure our complete lack of preparedness is actually a sign of our maverick seat-of-the-pants devil-may-care inner selves. Honest. Or something like that.

gulps wine gratefully

It's a sign of a month of ill babies that kept being kept off nursery and too much work which has needed catching up on in the evenings!

I am looking on it as A Nice Roast Dinner.
Some people will come, we will cook some meat. We have just over a week off, shops will open for most of that time, travel plans will likely have to change due to weather/ill babies anyhow, so there's no point in sweating the details.

Should actually do some shopping though before I run out of delivery dates!

fuzzpig Fri 07-Dec-12 05:28:54

We've done most of the shopping well in advance but then sort of stopped!

Still need:
An outfit for DS (got DD's already)
New jammies for me and DH (already got the DCs')
Socks and vests for DCs' stockings
Alarm clock for my mum
Bletchley Park ticket gift set for Turing fan DH (but might save that for his birthday next month)
Couple more pressies for each DSC (got a few ideas so shouldn't be too hard)
Food!
Crackers

fuzzpig Fri 07-Dec-12 05:29:56

Oh and a couple of DVDs and a family board game.
Also need to get DCs to choose pressies they are giving to us/each other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now