Where can I buy a wicker basket or hamper to fill myself?

(8 Posts)
catalinelmw Thu 07-Mar-13 16:57:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Thanks Yuletide, will give that a try.

Can't think of anywhere like that, MrsJD, but they sound ideal.

YuletideDollie Thu 06-Dec-12 17:23:50

I'm doing my father and his wife a hamper and found that Home Bargains have a range of empty baskets/hampers (look good quality too they're very sturdy!) they range from £2.59-£5.99 and are in various sizes etc. really good bargain if you have one near you! smile

YuletideDollie Thu 06-Dec-12 17:22:59

I'm doing my father and his wife a hamper and found that Home Bargains have a range of empty baskets/hampers (look good quality too they're very sturdy!) they range from £2.59-£5.99 and are in various sizes etc. really good bargain if you have one near you! smile

MrsJohnDeere Thu 06-Dec-12 11:32:23

Do you have an independent wine shop nearby? Ours gives away for free lovely wooden crates that have been used to transport wine.

Ah good idea re farm shop - thanks Taffeta.

Taffeta Thu 06-Dec-12 11:25:23

Our local farm shop sells them. You need to get yourself somewhere otherwise you end up paying delivery.

I'm thinking about doing a hamper for MIL, but where can I buy a (cheap) wicker basket so that I don't blow half the budget on the bloomin' container?

I've tried Amazon and they have some reasonable ones, but when you add on delivery charge the cheapest are around £8 - 10. This is for a Secret Santa present and the budget is £15, so I want to spend less than a fiver on the basket! Is this possible?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now