Do you have an angel or a star on top of the tree?

(55 Posts)
PeppermintonCandyCane Wed 05-Dec-12 06:57:51

Or something else?

I have an angel smile

Startail Thu 06-Dec-12 14:19:27

I must credit GlaikingAroundTheChristmasTree for the angel bear, I shamelessly stole her drawing.

She is a felt bear decoration chosen DD1 in America when she was 2.5. There were Santa bears, elf bears, bears with presents etc and that's the one she pointed to.

AnitaBlake Thu 06-Dec-12 08:06:32

We have a Yoda.........grin

gemdrop84 Thu 06-Dec-12 08:00:10

we had a little fairy but it broke and ended up buying a snowman tree topper, he's very cute!

We3NipplesOfVoldiesWeAre Wed 05-Dec-12 21:44:19

nickel We had a Barren Knights LP growing up. One of their songs was about a fairy on top of the tree.

Im only a poor little fairy,
I'm stuck on the top of this tree,
When one go the lights,
Bang go my tights,
And off pop my legs one two three grin grin

It was an education that record!

Iwillorderthefood Wed 05-Dec-12 21:41:34

Star

We3NipplesOfVoldiesWeAre Wed 05-Dec-12 21:36:59

We have a fairy holding a star. It really doesn't match my decorations, but I don't care.

Ds2 asked if we could buy a star this year instead but I refused. To which he replied "Mum, you're seriously not putting that fairy with the bowl head back on the tree are you." grin

nickelbabylyinginamanger Wed 05-Dec-12 21:33:53

fucking fairy ?!?!?!?! hmm

didn't see many fairies in the story.

nickelbabylyinginamanger Wed 05-Dec-12 21:32:18

star goes on top.
it's simple physics.

stars are further away than angels.
in the Christmas story the angels came to earth and the star shone from where it was in the sky above everything.

star on top

TimeyWimeyStuff Wed 05-Dec-12 21:29:42

A burping chimp that I keep threatening to make a tutu for. Chimp is currently AWOL so the top of the tree is bare.

Star. Always a star. I find angels a bit twee.

pictish Wed 05-Dec-12 21:25:10

A star. I love stars.

We have Rowan Williams in red robes DS calls it 'a jesus' grin

amillionyears Wed 05-Dec-12 21:18:31

I alternate them providing I can remember which one I had up there last year

tilder Wed 05-Dec-12 21:17:48

We have a star, although think ds1 will replace it this year with his loo roll angel.

BendyBobsBrusselsSprouts Wed 05-Dec-12 21:16:01

A gold star. We had an angel for years but dh sat on her last year and flattened herhmm

MonsterBookOfTinsel Wed 05-Dec-12 21:11:20

Ds 4 and dd 2 made a star tree topper last year, very glittery and sentimental. Today it is that but ds changes it for my Santa tree topper daily grin

2kidsintow Wed 05-Dec-12 21:08:51

We have a gold bow. Looks v cute.

We have a white fluffy star hmm and then we also have a peg angel on one of the branches near the top.

Don't worry Obi, the second one is a naice handcrafted wooden dec. I do wonder if the crafter intended the overall effect.

SantaWearsGreen Wed 05-Dec-12 17:58:13

Mixing it up a bit, we have FC on the top of ours. Loving the Cliff one, thats brilliant.

ObiTheChristmasWan Wed 05-Dec-12 17:54:57

I'm not clicking on your second link Mango, as the first one was definitely not my Gabriel! shock grin.

I must admit, when I was searching for 'male Gabriel' it quickly became apparent that the 'Angel' bit was vital..

elfycat Wed 05-Dec-12 17:49:53

* PeppermintonCandyCane

elfycat Wed 05-Dec-12 17:48:21

PeppermintCandyCane From earlier. No it's just people. I'm fine with animal pics and statues.

I've had to tolerate a couple of DH's army statuettes (St Eligius is watching me as we speak... so to speak).

Maybe a teddy bear dressed as an angel? DD1 has sneered at the star on the tree today.

MiniTheMinx Wed 05-Dec-12 17:43:53

Startail I like your angelbear

We also have an angel bear. It's a white bear with angel wings and a red and blue polka bow. We made ours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now