What is everyone getting for their 7/8 year old daughters?

(32 Posts)
orangina Mon 26-Nov-12 19:17:45

I'm in a bit of a muddle, as I really don't know what to get for dd who will be 8 in the spring. When asked, her answers are

1. A phone (haahahahaha! Fat chance....), or
2. A DS.

Which I'm loathe to do (#2).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Everythingwillbeok Mon 26-Nov-12 21:35:50

Mine is 7 and is getting :

Lego friends stuff
Monster high doll
Monster high roller boots
Bouncy the dog
A furby
An art easel
Brave DVD
Brave aka. Merida pjs and slippers
Justin bieber perfume
Tatty teddy lamp house
Sweets/chops/nail varnishes/jewellery.

Everythingwillbeok Mon 26-Nov-12 21:49:42

Not chops don't think she would be too impressed! Chocs

TheWombat Mon 26-Nov-12 21:53:11

Agree with you on the phone thing OP! DSD got her older sister's cast-off phone this year - her first one, and she was so proud.
A couple of nights later we tucked her up in bed, only to hear a scream from her room half an hour later...
We raced upstairs to find her shaking with terror because a monster was 'buzzing' in her bedroom. Of course, it turned out to be the phone, which she'd left on vibrate without cancelling the text notifications...she immediately settled down again but has shown no interest in the phone since confused

Whyamihere Mon 26-Nov-12 22:11:00

Dd is 8 and wants a video camera (so I've bought a cheap one), a skateboard and clothes, oh and lots of Hama beads as she is a bit of a fanatic of them.

orangina Mon 26-Nov-12 22:33:17

Yes, Hama beads, she would like those too.......

(Think I may be the only person who has no idea what monster high is....... off to google now, if only to not be the only one....!)

Everythingwillbeok Mon 26-Nov-12 22:38:05

Not the most attractive of characters but she has lots of barbies/ bratz/ moxie type dolls.

I think they are just a bit different,they are massive in Spain when we were on holiday they were everywhere they even had monster high lollies and ice cream.

Pennybubbly Tue 27-Nov-12 04:50:35

My DD will be 8 early next year.
She is having
3DS & game,
Brave DVD
Books (world flags, human body & a couple of novels)
Sylvanian family set
magnet & iron flints hmm
geometry set
Mikado sticks game
Bag 'with long shoulder strap' [her orders]
[plus whatever else is lurking in my Present Drawer that I've forgotten about]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now