Help me with presents for my two ds's 6 and almost 3 ....please am desperate

(13 Posts)
4forkssake Sat 06-Oct-12 20:00:35

How about some imaginext stuff for ds2? We've got the fire station & ambulance for ds2 (2.5 at christmas) which I think he'll love (very into transport etc). Have you seen the new Go Mini range? They look quite good. We also have ds (6) & he's getting more Lego but he loves it. How about crafty things for them both?

itsstillgood Sat 06-Oct-12 07:47:11

When mine were a similar age we got them the ELC Tower of Doom between them. Then they had some of the monsters/knights sets each off other family members.
4 years on they still play with it (oldest less so).
Or you can get nice wooden castles

UserNameNotAvailable Fri 05-Oct-12 22:13:43

My ds2 will be nearly 3 at christmas and so far i have :

Buzz lightyear figure £4.99 b&m
Woodyfigure £7.99 b&m
Talking tom £16.99 b&m
Spiderman helicopter £4.99 b&m
Scooby doo goo van £12.99 b&m
Scooby doo figures £6.99 b&m

Hope that list has given you a few ideas.

shinybaubles Thu 04-Oct-12 11:44:06

Brilliant idea fuckwittery they would love those.
Will have a look at knights as ds6 has just been mentioning them.
Fireoverbabylon - that was what I was originally going to but but we are renting while we find a house to buy with a big enough garden, have just offered on one so it may yet happen.
And thanks everyone

fuckwittery Thu 04-Oct-12 11:40:52

I'm getting my two (girls, but same age gap) walkie talkies this year, I think they'll both love them

lynniep Thu 04-Oct-12 11:39:50

I have a problem buying for my two as well. DS1 is 5 and has always been spoilt rotten by everyone. He is very materialistic and wants EVERYTHING but this year he will get MORE lego as thats what he loves. DS2 is nearly 3 and was never really interested in DS1 old toys so I've been selling them. He is quite problematic to buy for as he isn't really 'into' anything specific. However we have discovered he loves knights and castles though so I got a bargainous 2nd hand wooden castle and a shedload of figures which cost me less than 20 quid. He will love it. I hope. (and no doubt DS1 will try to claim it as his). We are also taking them to legoland, which vaguely co-incides with DS2s birthday.

A camera? The vTech one is supposed to be good for 3 year olds.

Have you thought have buying them a joint present for the garden - a swing or slide, or new bikes? The presents wouldn't clutter up your living room and would get them sharing or being together outside.

shinybaubles Thu 04-Oct-12 11:36:34

Already got one nippersmum - but a good thought and has reminded me that ds 1 has been asking for a remote controlled helicopter although not sure how sturdy they are.

Nippersmum Thu 04-Oct-12 11:34:23

What about a remote control car? My Ds loves his and when ever we have friends round they all want to play with it.

shinybaubles Thu 04-Oct-12 11:33:39

Thankyou fireoverbabylon , the dvd andfor ds1 is great and will do a pjs a day trip out is also good, they do already have a car mat. Great ideas and they have a very large quantity of books already I love buying books.

Books? loads of threads on here about books for under 5 boys and they you can never have enough.

Clothes - the christmas PJs thing

A DVD each - walking with dinosaurs for the older one?

Pay for a day out, maybe a steam railway trip?

How about a car mat which can then be folded up and put away?

shinybaubles Thu 04-Oct-12 11:18:02

I have no idea what to buy them as ds2 has all of the eldests toys, and it's the youngests birthday on Christmas eve so I need christmas presents for 2 and birthday presents for 1 as well, and everything just looks like more plastic junk - can you tell I have just been tidying their toys blush.
Any ideas really welcome so far I have thought of lego for the eldest , not very imaginative I know. They like lego, dinosaurs, cars etc, trains etc, .... I finally have some money and my brain has gone dead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now