Any good online bargains out there to start stocking up on gifts?

(982 Posts)
reastie Thu 16-Aug-12 09:35:31

I am well into my christmas shopping now grin . Just wondering if we can share any good reductions online for those early organisers. I got some lovely body lotion from L'occitaine last week 70% off plus a code for free shower gel and I've already used half a pot of one of the lotions already blush but I just checked and it's finished sad .

I remember last year I got a practically free tin of celebrations from viking direct via here and on the look out for bargains and was hoping people would share.

If you have someone who would like dove toiletries see this thread for 30 of free dove stuff from ocado (I've already ordered mine probably use it myself though

milk Sun 26-Aug-12 14:14:13

Good idea fuzzpig smile

reastie Sun 26-Aug-12 18:38:36

fuzzpig I wish I was that organised!

Thanks for niece pressie ideas. Went to TK Maxx today and got her a glitter nail varnish set - just off to email her DM to check she's allowed it (know they can be strict on some things and don't want to step on anyones toes). Love the amazon link primrose and am seriously tempted to buy that too for her (although really now I've got her the nail varnish only need something for a couple of pounds so might save that for her bday next year) - how old is your DD? Thought I might see if I can find a cheap tshirt for £2 or £3 from a supermarket to give her as well as the varnish, but not sure if that price range is overly optimistic. She's v hard to get for as the whole family tend to throw everything away all the time, so I find myself trying so hard to think of things they genuinely want or like so it doesn't go in the bin shock - I have asked in the past what they'd like but never got very useful responses.

TK Maxx had some nice nail varnish/make up bits in nice brands (nails inc, stilla etc) if anyone needs any ideas for people who like that kind of thing.

fuzzpig Sun 26-Aug-12 18:45:12

It's not so much being organised as being a bit obsessive blush grin

BeaWheesht Sun 26-Aug-12 18:50:16

On Woolworths online there was 20% off all toys the last time I looked.

Also baby annabell is 39.99 rather than 49.99 in argos just now.

oreocrumbs Sun 26-Aug-12 19:28:22

Have totally stolen the Amazon wish list idea! Have spent the last half hour making a list grin.

fuzzpig Sun 26-Aug-12 20:01:31

Fantastic smile glad my geekiness has helped somebody! It's really weird how sometimes things go ridiculously cheap for a brief time. Eg a DVD box set I was vaguely interested in, normally £40, went down to £19 for a while. I'd love to know how they set their prices confused

My wish lists are:
Randomous Random, which is stuff like household, shoes and the kind of things I don't buy much of,
Entertainment (CDs and DVDs)
Games (board and console)
Toys
Books

In the past I have divided them by person or just had one for 'presents'

Before I order though I still check eBay.

Levantine Sun 26-Aug-12 20:06:31

The book people has those big Usborne hardback see inside books for £3.99

See inside your body www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&productId=27521&searchTerm=see+inside+your+body
See inside how things work www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&productId=177165&searchTerm=see+inside+how+things+work

I've a year one child and bought a few for birthday parties, they are really lovely

AUW3LG gives free postage too smile

everydayaschoolday Sun 26-Aug-12 20:21:01

For those parents of Octonaut fans (Hi Milk!), I got dd1 (4yo) this octonauts single duvet set for £7 in amazon (free postage)

www.amazon.co.uk/Zap-Ltd-Octonauts-Barnacles-Single/dp/B005SFFDW2/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1346008404&sr=8-11

And this Capt Barnacles fleece blanket for £5 (free delivery)

www.amazon.co.uk/Zap-Ltd-Octonauts-Barnacles-Blanket/dp/B006HB4SAY/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1346008615&sr=8-26

The octopod was down to £30 and they have some of the more difficult characters to find inc Peso, Tweak, Shellington and Dashi (although I thought some of these were a little pricey).

I'll post again if I come across anymore Octonaut bargains smile

Dosey Sun 26-Aug-12 21:07:32

Thank you for the book people link Leven. I have just ordered two of the body b

Dosey Sun 26-Aug-12 21:13:34

Thank you for the book people link Leven. I have just ordered two of the body books. One for dd and one for my nephew. I then got a free history of Britain and ireland book which will do as another present x

ZombieBelle Sun 26-Aug-12 21:52:32

the yankee candle shop here has an up to 50% sale on x

blue2 Sun 26-Aug-12 21:56:31

Too tired to read this now, but plan to get up early tomorrow and do it!

Primrose123 Sun 26-Aug-12 21:58:14

Reastie DD is 11, had that book a year or two ago, and still enjoys playing with it.

BeaWheesht Sun 26-Aug-12 22:50:06

Thanks for the book people links - ds would love them. My phone keeps crashing and our laptops knackered but will fingers crossed order them tomorrow. He is in p2 and LOVES all that kind of thing.

On amazon there's a WOW toys rocket for £10 which I thought was quite a good deal and dd is getting it for her 2nd birthday next month.

milk Mon 27-Aug-12 07:27:30

Thank you everydayaschoolday smile

reastie Mon 27-Aug-12 08:29:44

Nice 'educational' toys on offer this week here

Milk does little H want the blanket as a big brother present?

may emma be with you wink

milk Mon 27-Aug-12 19:07:54

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Yes please grin

I literally JUST texted you about it grin

Who was the figure that didn't come with his set?

everydayaschoolday Mon 27-Aug-12 19:48:18

OCTONAUTS Alert! Peso plush cushion. Home bargains RRP £12.99 selling at £2.99. Never seen this before so don't know quality or if RRP is realistic.

www.homebargains.co.uk/products/5290-the-octonauts-plush-cushion-peso.aspx

BeaWheesht Mon 27-Aug-12 20:21:20

When ordering on book people I noticed this octonauts book - worth a look? Use the code given above for free delivery if you do order it.

littlecupcake Mon 27-Aug-12 21:47:05

Great present for mums, sisters, aunties, grannys etc who enjoy baking. A bun tin with lid and handles - bargain £2.40 instead of £8. I bought mine today in our big Sainsburys

reviews.sainsburys.co.uk/2678-en_gb/121150777/reviews.htm

I know it says no longer available, but there were plenty in store until I got there

milk Tue 28-Aug-12 07:01:23

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Peso- ordered him on Saturday smile

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Tue 28-Aug-12 08:08:37

thetoyshop.com - The Entertainer have some good crafty bargains...big sets, £20 reduced to £10 and £10.00 reduced to £5.00

They have Bendaroos that dd loves £15.00 reduced to £3.75

Delivery is only £2.99 i think or you can collect in store

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Tue 28-Aug-12 08:16:32

Just found this Barbie House on Amazon, reduced from £40 to £25.57.

Think i'll get it for dd2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now