Any good online bargains out there to start stocking up on gifts?

(982 Posts)
reastie Thu 16-Aug-12 09:35:31

I am well into my christmas shopping now grin . Just wondering if we can share any good reductions online for those early organisers. I got some lovely body lotion from L'occitaine last week 70% off plus a code for free shower gel and I've already used half a pot of one of the lotions already blush but I just checked and it's finished sad .

I remember last year I got a practically free tin of celebrations from viking direct via here and on the look out for bargains and was hoping people would share.

If you have someone who would like dove toiletries see this thread for 30 of free dove stuff from ocado (I've already ordered mine probably use it myself though

milk Tue 21-Aug-12 08:16:07

Thank you everydayaschoolday

RecursiveMoon Tue 21-Aug-12 08:29:19

Lovely reversible(!) Polarn O Pyret shirt, only £11.

everydayaschoolday Tue 21-Aug-12 11:41:37

no probs milk, hope it was useful for your store area.smile

reastie Tue 21-Aug-12 16:17:52

Found this code 4698 gives you £15 off a £20 or more order from vertbaudet if it's your first order.

<dashes off to get elemis bath milk>

starjules Tue 21-Aug-12 17:10:20

Thanks PP just got the elemis bath milk as a stocking filler for MIL.

MyDingaling Tue 21-Aug-12 22:19:49

Thanks I have ordered the Elemis, thanks Plopper

everydayaschoolday Tue 21-Aug-12 22:48:13

Thanks Phantom I've ordered my Elemis bath milk too (for lovely MIL) thanks

SomebodySaveMe Wed 22-Aug-12 18:29:09

Matey bubble bath is £1 bottle in tesco until tomorrow. Good for sticking fillers

BeaWheesht Thu 23-Aug-12 11:37:27

Not an online bargain but...asda had loads of toys reduced today. I got a set of football goals for a fiver. Off the top of my head they also had:

Doctor who character packs 50p each (reduced from 2)
Proper dr who figures - £3
Batman imaginext stuff £6.50
Peppa pig stuff

Loads of other stuff too.

reastie Thu 23-Aug-12 15:36:05

Just bought this toy dyson on at the minute on amazon for less than half price - have been keeping an eye out for a while and haven't seen it this cheap before anywhere

izzybizzybuzzybees Thu 23-Aug-12 21:10:46

Thanks! Have. Have bought some Elc stuff! Also if anyone has a wee one then the leappad on amazon is £44.99 and in ELC its £80!

insanityscratching Thu 23-Aug-12 21:32:19

I bought this and this for dd in Home Bargains today. Also had Mousetrap and Battleships thought they were great value at £3.99.

Nat38 Thu 23-Aug-12 21:45:36

Thanks Phantom-have just ordered my Elemis bath milk toosmile for my sister-either for her birthday in November or christmas!hmmgrin
thanksthanks

Just ordered 2 elemis bath milks (created an account on DH's behalf) that's 2 friends presents taken care of.

3 of the Lego dressing gowns for £4.99 from Argos reduced from £13.99, for nephew, and 2 friends DC.

Home bargains online had some great, well, bargains. A glee sing along microphone for £6, glee stationery set for 59p, that will do for my cousins wee boy.
A Beatles memorabilia set for £9, my 14yo goddaughter has gotten into the Beatles in a big way recently and will be delighted with this.

Ordered hydraluron cream from boots which came with a free peptilash (lash growing serum thingy) worth £24.99' would it be too cheeky as a gift for my cousin?

reastie Sun 26-Aug-12 08:26:38

Don't think so terra - loads of people buy the boots gifts 3 for 2 around christmas so effectively give every third person a free gift don't they. Plus, I wouldn't have thought she'd know about the offer so have any clue it was free grin

I'm completely stuck for something for DHs niece who is about 10. Apparently she's into 'fashion' but my idea of fashion and hers are probably somewhat different grin . Bought her a nice monsoon handbag for her birthday so can't get another bag. Any ideas? I was wondering about a tshirt but not sure on her taste/size hmm

oreocrumbs Sun 26-Aug-12 10:07:01

How about accessories? A necklace, bracelet, purse, scarf.

Or a cool hat, scarf and gloves set?

Can you find out her size from her Mum?

Is she interested in the fashion industry? Would she like on of those glossy coffee table books.

milk Sun 26-Aug-12 10:19:50

reastie, Claire's Accessories voucher?

Primrose123 Sun 26-Aug-12 10:29:55

reastie how about this for your niece? It includes stencils and patterned paper and she can design her own outfits. My DD loves it!

Sargesaweyes Sun 26-Aug-12 11:01:29

Wondered if I could join this thread. Want to be organised as never am and have no clue what to buy anyone. Any gift ideas for up to £20 for men and women would be great. I'm fine with kids gifts but find it really hard buying on a budget for adults and I refuse to let the price spiral this year. I've just bought that bath cream thank you smile

Pinot Sun 26-Aug-12 11:11:55

got the Elemis thanks

ChiefOwl Sun 26-Aug-12 11:15:48

Btw the Elemis bath milk says 125 ml so about the size of hand santiser bottles - jut in case anyone hadn't noticed!

laurenamium Sun 26-Aug-12 11:16:18

Marking my place!! This is an amazing thread!

Wolfcub Sun 26-Aug-12 11:21:59

Thank you I've ordered the Elemis and I'm looking at the Happyland for my neice

laurenamium Sun 26-Aug-12 11:24:22

So already I will be buying the designing kit primrose has linked the rocket reastie suggested and the Elemis bath milk. You people are heroes! grin

fuzzpig Sun 26-Aug-12 11:28:25

I use amazon wishlist to keep track of things I would like to buy, all year round. Sometimes random products go on ridiculously low price just for a brief time, and it's not advertised, so I just take regular scrolls down my wishlist (I have 5 blush) and see if there are any bargains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now