Chicken pesto pasta recipe with extra veg
Ah pesto pasta: the ultimate go-to meal, whether you're short on time or up against a fussy eater. If you're looking for ways to keep it interesting and easy, stock up the freezer with Birds Eye Chicken Chargrills and bookmark this recipe for the next time you need a quick fix that's a twist on the family favourite.
- 4 Birds Eye Chicken Chargrills
- 2 tbsp green pesto (red or chili can also be used)
- 300g pasta
- 100g peas
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of sweetcorn
- Warm your oven, put your Chicken Chargrills on a baking tray with your cherry tomatoes and roast (following the instructions on the packet of Birds Eye Chicken Chargrills).
- Prepare two pans of boiling water and begin cooking your pasta and your peas (following packet instructions).
- Drain the peas and pasta, then mix them together with pesto and sweetcorn.
- Take the Chicken Chargrills and tomatoes out of the oven and slice the chicken into bite size chunks.
- Layer on top of the pasta with the tomatoes and serve.
With thanks to our Mumsnet blogger Jodie from Life With Pink Princesses
This recipe was originally thought up by Toby and Roo.
Want to get involved with videos like this? Join the Mumsnet vloggers' network – just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org