Surprisingly easy to make and rather impressive-looking, these bite-sized treats will settle sweet cravings as a snack or as a little indulgence after dinner. Glitzy sprinkles entirely optional.
1. First - make the cheesecake filling to go inside the chocolate cups. Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix until smooth. Pour the filling into a piping bag. Top tip: Place the bag, nozzle-down, into a cup first to help keep it steady. Once the filling is in the piping bag, move to the fridge to keep cool while.
2. Add the vegetable oil to the chocolate chips and microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring at every interval, until the melted chocolate is glossy and smooth.
3. Line a muffin tray with your paper cases and spoon 2 level teaspoons of the melted chocolate into each cup. When all the cups are filled, lightly shake the pan to level out the chocolate - and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Take the filling out of the fridge and, with a pair of scissors, carefully cut the edge of the piping bag to create a spout. Pipe a portion of the cheesecake mixture into the centre of each cup - you want it to be about the size of a £1 coin. Ensure it doesn’t touch the edges of the cup as this will cause leaks.
5. Spoon another 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate over the filling until it is completely hidden and the chocolate has a level top. Now cover the the cups with sprinkles (or any leftover lemon zest) and put the tray back in the fridge for 20 minutes until the treats have set.