Chicken taco boats recipe
Kids will love getting their hands on these! Cook up a tasty and nutritious family meal in as little as 20 minutes with Birds Eye Crispy Chicken Dippers – and get your children involved in putting them all together.
Ingredients (makes 4)
- 12 x Birds Eye Crispy Chicken Dippers
- 1 x pack of soft stand and stuff tortillas
- 1 x jar roasted red pepper (finely chopped) / or 1 red pepper (finely chopped, lightly fried)
- 1 x lettuce (finely shredded)
- 100g sweetcorn
- 2 x sweet potatoes (cut in to 4-6 wedges)
- 2 x spring onions (finely chopped)
To top them
- 4 tsp. mild salsa
- 4 tsp. plain yoghurt
- 4 tsp. guacamole
- 50g grated cheddar
- 4 x chopped salad tomatoes
- Preheat the oven as per the instructions on the packet of Birds Eye Chicken Dippers. You'll want 3 chicken pieces per taco. Place the Dippers on a tray and in the oven for the specified time.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into wedges, coat in oil and place in the oven on a baking tray. Bake with the dippers, for the same length of time.
- In a pan of boiling water, boil the sweetcorn for 2-3 mins.
- Empty the oil from the red peppers, if you're using jarred. Slice pepper into very thin strips.
- Chop the tomato and mix this and the boiled sweetcorn in with the pepper.
- Chop spring onions and lettuce and mix together.
- Place a handful of lettuce and spring onions in the bottom of the taco, then the tomato and red pepper mix.
- Take the chicken dippers out of the oven. Place on top of the tomato, sweetcorn and red pepper mixture in the taco.
- Add a teaspoon of Greek yoghurt, guacamole and salsa on top.
- To finish, grate a small portion of cheese over the top and dish up the baked sweet potatoes wedges.
Want to get involved with videos like this? Join the Mumsnet Influencers Network – just email us at email@example.com