Annabel Karmel's Speedy Sweetcorn Fritters
Annabel Karmel transforms a humble tin of sweetcorn with this recipe for tasty curried fritters
A perfect summer lunch or dinner, make them all in one go or stash the batter in the fridge to cook them up the following day. Delicious!
- 2x 150g cans sweetcorn, drained
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 2 tbsp korma curry paste
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 large egg
- 6 tbsp whole milk
- 200 g plain flour
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- Salt and black pepper
1. Put half the drained sweet corn in the bowl of a food processor with the spring onions, curry paste and mango chutney.
2. Blitz until roughly chopped, then add the egg, milk, flour and some salt and pepper. Blend until combined.
3. Remove the bowl from the food processor and stir in the reserved sweet corn.
4. Heat 4 tablespoons of sunflower oil in a frying pan, then carefully drop tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil and fry for about 4 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until the fritters are golden brown and crisp
5. Remove and leave to drain on kitchen paper while you cook the remaining fritters
Find more recipes in Annabel's new book, The Busy Mum's Cookbook.
Liked this? Try these:
Last updated: 4 months ago