Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Riley Gaines assaulted

184 replies

Clymene · 07/04/2023 07:28

She is the swimmer who has spoken out about Lia Thomas (both about him exposing himself in the changing room and being forced to compete against him). Now she's been attacked at San Francisco state university

twitter.com/hogshead3au/status/1644202379376578560?s=61&t=gd6tu0Iz6JpyKXGLWMLGjg

The mob violence is escalating

OP posts:
bellinisurge · 07/04/2023 09:19

@Signalbox , it's very Red Guard. The more you look at Maoism and the Cultural Revolution stuff the more you see parallels.

Rainbowshit · 07/04/2023 09:20

I agree. Someone is going to be killed over this. Terrifying.

Helleofabore · 07/04/2023 09:20

I just saw this. How horrific.

I posted the link on the AiBU transgender athletes thread to explain why women in sport are not speaking up.

Thank you Riley, for continuing to bravely stand up for your rights to fairness.

FOJN · 07/04/2023 09:22

Flowerly · 07/04/2023 08:52

They are working their way up to murder. This may sound like hyperbole but I honestly believe that this is where they are going.

I hope that Riley has good protection and is safe.

I agree and even then I don't think it will end. The perpetrators will become martyrs in the TRA/antifa echo chamber and it will embolden others. We saw this last week when TRA's celebrated homicidal violence against children and adults at a Christian school, made the perpetrator a victim and then organised a day of protest which advocated for further violence.

CheekyRascals · 07/04/2023 09:22

Murdering others is always where this would go and it's already happened, they killed the most vulnerable, school children in Nashville.

They say man are women, they say that they are the most vulnerable and they say that others want to kill them.

Men are men, they are the most oppressive and they are the ones wanting to kill people.

Boiledbeetle · 07/04/2023 09:23

I've just watched that clip.

Some of the Trans Rights Activists are just bloody feral!

Boiledbeetle · 07/04/2023 09:26

Helleofabore · 07/04/2023 09:20

I just saw this. How horrific.

I posted the link on the AiBU transgender athletes thread to explain why women in sport are not speaking up.

Thank you Riley, for continuing to bravely stand up for your rights to fairness.

The strength of that woman! I'm in absolute awe of her for taking this on! She could have just got on with her life, pretended everything was fine with a grown man pretending to be a woman to win races! But she's fighting for so many women in so many sports! She's an amazing woman!

Anactor · 07/04/2023 09:27

JacquelinePot · 07/04/2023 07:50

How do we even begin to try deprogramming all these oung people who have been through a school and university system where they've been indoctrinated into believing lies, like TWAW...? This is getting really dangerous, now.

I hope Riley is OK. And I hope the zealots understand that they are proving Riley's point for her.

I think we start with adding a compulsory course on the Red Guard - from KS3, maybe. Teach children and young adults that they are very vulnerable to extremism in their teens and early twenties.

The ‘left-wing is good’ mantra means that we have plenty of discussion in schools about the rise of the extreme right, but almost nothing on the extreme left. A ‘youth-led’ extremist movement would be a good place to start.

BenCoopersSupportWren · 07/04/2023 09:32

FOJN · 07/04/2023 07:52

I hope Riley is OK.

I watched that video and I wondered if transactivism has taken on a life of its own and that the violence won't stop even if governments around the world suddenly woke up and recognised women as human beings. They have been emboldened by getting away with the it for too long. They only seem to attack women.

Women are the most common target for many reasons - it’s a misogynistic movement, we’re on average smaller and weaker, we’re the ones with most to lose so are more likely to be the ones speaking up and making ourselves visible - but they do attack men too. Billboard Chris, a Canadian man who protests peacefully with a sign saying something like “I’m a father who believes in protecting children from gender ideology” or similar, was punched, grabbed by the throat and left with bleeding scratches recently. (Video footage shows the - female - police officer he tried to report it to laughing as the TRA mob encircles him 🙄)

CheekyRascals · 07/04/2023 09:33

I think we start with adding a compulsory course on the Red Guard - from KS3, maybe. Teach children and young adults that they are very vulnerable to extremism in their teens and early twenties.

The ‘left-wing is good’ mantra means that we have plenty of discussion in schools about the rise of the extreme right, but almost nothing on the extreme left. A ‘youth-led’ extremist movement would be a good place to start.

Institution capture.

I went to a Catholic school. We have the Fatima prayer (errors of Russia-Communism) in the Rosary and we went through Orwell.

I understand the Catholic schools are now captured, I saw Caroline Farrow deal with a head teacher on Twitter.

JacquelinePot · 07/04/2023 09:35

That's a good way to try to inoculate young ones who haven't yet been through the machine, but how do we deprogramme teens and 20 somethings? Rhetorical, I'm not expecting you to outline a 10 point action plan 😆

Although if you've got one, now would be a great time to roll it out!

CheekyRascals · 07/04/2023 09:40

JacquelinePot · 07/04/2023 09:35

That's a good way to try to inoculate young ones who haven't yet been through the machine, but how do we deprogramme teens and 20 somethings? Rhetorical, I'm not expecting you to outline a 10 point action plan 😆

Although if you've got one, now would be a great time to roll it out!

Historically a padded cell was used.
Now it's care in the community, drugs and talking therapy, only that's now illegal conversion therapy by captured MH institutions who are victim blamers and misogynistic in nature too.

San Francisco has that prison island.

teawamutu · 07/04/2023 09:54

I do wonder if the violence is escalating because the institutional capture is slipping.

A couple of years ago, no-one would have hosted an outspoken GC woman, pre-Forstater she would have been sacked, pre-Fair Cop she would have been arrested, and the government would have insisted the aggressors were women. TRAs didn't 'need' to violent, everyone was doing the enforcement of orthodoxy for them.

ZombieMumEB · 07/04/2023 09:55

As more and more people peak, the TRAs are losing their power, they then escalate their violence.

This is not going to end well. So many governments are cowards, and adding fuel to the fire.

Slothtoes · 07/04/2023 10:02

Jesus. Wishing Riley well. This is domestic terrorism. Those man-worshipping students need to be expelled from university and tried in court for breaking the law. Regulatory/institutional/corporate capture is already silencing, and causing physical and emotional harm and potentially much worse to women where it doesn’t stand up to this.

Hopefully Riley can successfully sue the university for not protecting her properly, and institutions will then start to realise the financial risks of not tackling extremism wherever it arises from. I’m sad that they haven’t worked that out just from the morality of all this, but that’s misogyny in action for us.

Those vintage pictures of young women in Afghanistan in the past are absolutely heartbreaking. There but for the grace of God.
You know when genderists say ‘we’re all on a spectrum’ (of sexist stereotypes) I feel like women are actually all on a spectrum of being at risk of misogynistic harm. and it’s really fucking depressing. We have to oppose this newer form of misogyny while we still can.

Slothtoes · 07/04/2023 10:03

And the old forms of misogyny too, god knows.

Guarentinaflo · 07/04/2023 10:04

Flowerly · 07/04/2023 08:52

They are working their way up to murder. This may sound like hyperbole but I honestly believe that this is where they are going.

I hope that Riley has good protection and is safe.

I agree, a woman is going to be killed. And even then nothing will change and no one in power will do anything.

CheekyRascals · 07/04/2023 10:06

ZombieMumEB · 07/04/2023 09:55

As more and more people peak, the TRAs are losing their power, they then escalate their violence.

This is not going to end well. So many governments are cowards, and adding fuel to the fire.

Having lived with an actual insane (as in has spent months in a mental institution) violent man, I can assure you, increased violence has nothing to do with them losing control of you.

I actually think in his case the opposite is true. He left my Mum when I got to 15, as I was too big to hit anymore. He got really depressed and was crying. I ws jumping for joy, my friends thought I was telling lies that he was leaving as I was so happy, they couldn't understand what life had been like for me. His violence on me was because he couldn't beat up the people who actually upset him or beat up himself, he was a gambler. I see TRA as the same losers and illogical as they can't understand basic things like maths. That's why they get so angry about KJK saying she never loses.

The TRA remind me of him so much, death threats, projection, calling me the Anti-Christ (he was the athiest and one displaying the behaviour not me) demands that I be kind, he never was to me.

They will move in to new targets, we are nothing to them, we aren't fully human to them only they are, we are an object.

Worldgonecrazy · 07/04/2023 10:08

Do those women screaming at her truly not understand they are screaming for the right for men to get their dicks out in women’s locker rooms? I cannot get my head around their thought process in supporting that viewpoint. It goes far beyond ‘be kind’.

Though cynically part of me believes it simple presented an opportunity to terrorise a pretty, probably privileged, intelligent, blond, white young woman. Intel’s joining up with black women who have been indoctrinated into oppression politics.

CheekyRascals · 07/04/2023 10:12

Worldgonecrazy · 07/04/2023 10:08

Do those women screaming at her truly not understand they are screaming for the right for men to get their dicks out in women’s locker rooms? I cannot get my head around their thought process in supporting that viewpoint. It goes far beyond ‘be kind’.

Though cynically part of me believes it simple presented an opportunity to terrorise a pretty, probably privileged, intelligent, blond, white young woman. Intel’s joining up with black women who have been indoctrinated into oppression politics.

Yes, those women understand what they are doing, my Mum did, she would project it onto others in great detail.

She enjoyed drama and would enjoy me being beaten up and having control of the situation.

Some women think no woman should ever take responsibility for her behaviour and yet some women are as sick as many men are, even if the women hold down a job in a hospital and were never diagnosed as insane like the men they abuse alongside.

Misstache · 07/04/2023 10:12

I’ve protested at events and been at events that were protested in turn - people turning out to protest Bush during the Iraq War, pro life people protesting and being protested, Israel/Palestine protests, literal actual Holocaust deniers speaking, people protesting corporations and oil and politicians from genocidal regimes. People who have lost loved ones to violence are at many of these protests and I’ve never, ever, seen this kind of energy and I’ve stood beside people protesting a politician in a regime that murdered their family members. Normally people - including the people protesting you - chant, hold signs, yell “shame” and read out either demands or accusation. But punching people, screaming obscenities, the level of hysteria and rage (and yes, it seemed to be largely from young women in that clip), the following of her to shout misogynist insults, the absolute shrieking, frothing rage - I genuinely haven’t seen that. What is it about this issue that genuinely unhinges people or that teaches this is the necessary response? Is it the rhetoric? The crowd energy? I genuinely don’t know.

CheekyRascals · 07/04/2023 10:18

Misstache · 07/04/2023 10:12

I’ve protested at events and been at events that were protested in turn - people turning out to protest Bush during the Iraq War, pro life people protesting and being protested, Israel/Palestine protests, literal actual Holocaust deniers speaking, people protesting corporations and oil and politicians from genocidal regimes. People who have lost loved ones to violence are at many of these protests and I’ve never, ever, seen this kind of energy and I’ve stood beside people protesting a politician in a regime that murdered their family members. Normally people - including the people protesting you - chant, hold signs, yell “shame” and read out either demands or accusation. But punching people, screaming obscenities, the level of hysteria and rage (and yes, it seemed to be largely from young women in that clip), the following of her to shout misogynist insults, the absolute shrieking, frothing rage - I genuinely haven’t seen that. What is it about this issue that genuinely unhinges people or that teaches this is the necessary response? Is it the rhetoric? The crowd energy? I genuinely don’t know.

I saw this energy my whole childhood. I have come to the conclusion that these people would likely be considered by the NHS as being cluster B and feed off each other. Everything that they say is the opposite, always keep it in mind don't believe a single word that they say, they will smear you and their ultimate goal is to destroy, destroy anyone and anything, that's what they are about.

Slothtoes · 07/04/2023 10:18

CheekyRascals Flowers I am sorry that you had to grow up with that.

CheekyRascals · 07/04/2023 10:20

Slothtoes · 07/04/2023 10:18

CheekyRascals Flowers I am sorry that you had to grow up with that.

I am so grateful that I had lovely priests who told me how much God loved me, I never met as a child a peadophile priest. I had people around me, no family visited or cared, I had others who taught me decent morals and it really helped me not to turn dark.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.