Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Elloello · 26/02/2020 14:32

OP's posts:
Please
or

yatapina · 26/02/2020 14:35

I'm in a similar position.

Just started on Monday and taking it one meal at a time rather than feeling like I have to try ALL the time. Breaking it down just seems to make it more manageable in my mind - less daunting.

Every little helps and all that!

Please
or

cakeandchampagne · 26/02/2020 14:48

Is there something obvious (sweet snack, second serving, etc.) you can cut back on?

Please
or

CRbear · 26/02/2020 14:53

I understand what you’re saying. I think building on what cakeandchampagne has asked- you could try logging everything you eat, everything, in an app like MyFitnessPal and identify where your focus areas should be and then make a plan from there. Are you bingeing on weekends? Maybe cut back your cals midweek and allow some flexibility at the weekend. Finishing your kids tea? Easy thing to focus on. Snacking in the evening? Don’t cut it completely but choose a calorie limit and stick to it e.g. a 100 cal curly wurly instead. Is it booze? Focus on reducing that only rather than food. Try focusing on specific areas first and see how you react? Beak down the problem and tackle it. Also- a brilliant piece of advice I heard on a podcast recently on “breaking” your diet and giving up- if you forgot to brush your teeth one night would you wake up in the morning and think well that’s my teeth ruined I’m never brushing them again- of course not! Get back on the horse and forgive yourself.

Please
or

Elloello · 26/02/2020 16:01

Please
or

hpvacuum101 · 26/02/2020 16:50

Are you gaining weight? Are you maintaining your current weight?

Please
or

Elloello · 26/02/2020 17:57

Please
or

hpvacuum101 · 26/02/2020 18:27

I sympathise! What will happen if you continue to eat the way you currently do? Will you gain or maintain? If maintaining then easiest thing to do will be to simply just a meal out, be that a snack/wine/breakfast/lunch/smaller dinner etc. That way you won’t feel deprived nor have a daily battle with your inner self. Will that work?

Please
or

Elloello · 26/02/2020 18:33

Please
or

Paperyfish · 26/02/2020 18:40

I completely get where you are coming from. I’ve tried and failed at every commercial diet out there. Weightwatchers, slimming world, Atkins, vlcd, Keto, advice and counselling from nutritionist, slim fast, Jane plan ....etc etc.
Today I went to shops on way to work brought 2 boiled eggs, an apple, a tin of soup, a ready meal ( a low cal one) and a yogurt. That’s all I ate today. I will do the same tomorrow. If I buy a pack of biscuits I eat all of them. If I have choices I make bad ones. I eliminated choice today and it was ok. When I did the diet delivery services I just binged by eating all the snacks on day one. Think I had about 1200 kcals all in.

Please
or

Elloello · 26/02/2020 19:41

Please
or

Paperyfish · 26/02/2020 19:45

Yep, ready that one too and tried the intuitive eating she suggests. Still fat!

Please
or

DecomposingRat · 26/02/2020 20:08

No help but I know how you feel. I have read all the books but when it comes down to it I just can’t stick to anything for long, the only things I haven’t tried are pills/injections or a gastric band!

Please
or

Elzbells · 26/02/2020 20:15

I'm you. Every day I wake up thinking I will start the VLCD, by lunchtime I think I should do WW, it's healthier, long term etc. I eat lunch then think, actually I will do the VLCD. But I'll start it TOMORROW.

That gives me the out to eat a family sized shepherds pie and a bottle of wine.

Tomorrow never comes, it's like Groundhog Day.

I'm sick to death of my whole life revolving around getting skinny but actually just getting fatter.

I wish I had an answer, I really do.

Please
or

fromagefreak · 26/02/2020 21:25

I have the answer. Give up sugar. Life changing. Appetite shrinks and makes dieting easy.

Please
or

Elloello · 27/02/2020 18:39

Please
or

FATEdestiny · 27/02/2020 18:54

Chicken salad sandwich and Crisps

An estimated calorie break down of that meal:

• 1 slice of white buttered bread = 125cal
• Second slice of white buttered bread = 125cal
• Crisps = 200 cal
• Chicken salad filling = 150 cal

TOTAL = 600 calories. Three quarters of your meal is bread and crisps. Instead you could have had four times as much chicken salad, just as chicken salad. I'd have found that much more filling and satisfying for the calories.

Please
or

mistermagpie · 27/02/2020 20:15

Take a look a jamessmithpt on Instagram - very straight talking (sweary) but sound advice and motivating. He also has a book.

Please
or

mistermagpie · 27/02/2020 20:18

But yes to giving up sugar. I love sugar but I gave it up for January and by the end of the month I didn't even crave sweet things anymore. There has been a bar of chocolate in my fridge for the last two weeks (DH bought it for me) and I don't even fancy it. You should have seen the crap I was eating before as well.

Please
or

BirthdayCakes · 28/02/2020 09:21

I'm the same OP - in fact that's why I'm here..

Also, last year I started going to a personal trainer and put on 15kg -which pushed me well into the obese category.. I stopped the PT but the weight stayed on while the muscle went.. Not sure what to do..

Please
or

Elloello · 28/02/2020 19:30

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.