Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Anonymous12xx · 18/12/2019 02:44

OP's posts:
Please
or

neonglow · 18/12/2019 10:58

Switch to a cup of tea instead for the caffeine fix?

Please
or

Span1elsRock · 18/12/2019 10:58

I used to really struggle to control my appetite, and would easily have 2/3 cans of diet coke a day.

It's amazing what stopping it did to my appetite ..... it's just a concoction of chemicals that really are toxic to your body.

Swap to the caffeine free version for a few days, then stop altogether.

Please
or

FearlessSwiftie · 18/12/2019 10:53

I used to be addictive to Pepsi Cherry as well but then I just stopped somehow and never noticed anything bad. But now Im switching to coffee haha, even though its been more than a year since I stopped drink this fizzy stuff

Please
or

Aquamarine1029 · 18/12/2019 02:55

I think you need to go cold turkey. None of it at all and drink as much water as you can. You may have a rough couple of days, but then you'll be over it. I have up diet soda many years ago and it was SO worth it. You can definitely do this. All that stuff is just rubbish.

Please
or

whiskersonkittenss · 18/12/2019 02:53

I got headaches for a few days after quitting the fizzy drinks. Paracetamol helped. I think pop contains a chemical that makes you think it's quenched your thirst but it hasn't. It's just to keep you hooked.
Sparkling water might be good as I found I liked the fizzy sensation more than the taste of the drink itself!
Good luck Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.