Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Losing weight and keeping it off. (long)

Blondielongie · 12/03/2019 10:22

Back story. I lost 3 stone over 2 years. I got down to 8.5 stone. I kept it off for about 6 months by eating 1200 calories a day. Then after a holiday, I went back to 1500 give or take. Just over a stone has crept on since then (a year ago)
Do thin people have to constantly diet? How do you keep it off
?

Also, I've lost 4 pounds over last 2 weeks by eating 1200. On Saturday, I had 2000 and three pound has come back on. I've kept track of water and weigh myself same time/same outfit each day.

I'm prepared to be told I'm overly invested in this, but what is the science behind it? Does everyone have a weight they are meant to be and mine is 9'8? I am 5 foot 6. Weight is all on my thighs.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Blondielongie · 13/03/2019 18:29

Thank you. Glad I'm not alone. Yeah I suspected that it's unsustainable. Annoying that o have take friends who don't have to watch what they eat. (they haven't had kids though!)

OP's posts:
Please
or

fishonabicycle · 13/03/2019 08:41

Fatedestiny is correct. If you are at a low weight for you (and BMI of 18 odd is pretty low) it will be hard to maintain. Ps daily fluctuations mean nothing. My weight varies by a couple of kilos depending on whether I ate loads of carbs (make you retain water), time of day, hormones, whatever ...

Please
or

FATEdestiny · 12/03/2019 22:10

At 5'6" and 8st5 your BMI was 18.8

At 5'6" and 9st8 your BMI is 21.5

BMI healthy range is 18.5 to 25 - with a BMI around 21.5 being the perfect ideal weight which is smack in the middle of healthy. At 8st5 you are edging close to underweight, a position your body is likely to find biologically non-ideal.

Please
or

tobee · 12/03/2019 21:38

I've posted recently about the baffling nature of weight loss and it not being a linear science. Just wanted to say you are not alone.

I think I would say you probably have to take a longer view on the 3 pound gain. And watch for a trend over some weeks.

Well done on the weight loss last year!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.