Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Which one??

hiyalol · 21/01/2019 10:30

Hello! So I need to lose weight quickly as a kick start to a healthier lifestyle. I've been doing some research on the best diets however there's so many I'm just so confused! Can anyone recommend a specific diet from a personal perspective? I'd be very grateful!

OP's posts:
Please
or

SamBaileys · 21/01/2019 10:42

Sorry just to add I know I haven't recommended a specific diet but just wanted to explain what worked for me, I dont think you need to resort to eating only cabbage soup or whatever if you want your weight loss to be maintainable - you cant eat only cabbage soup for the rest of your life can you?! Just an example but you know what I mean.

Please
or

SamBaileys · 21/01/2019 10:40

Hi,
I lost 5 and a half stone over 18 months. I didn't follow a plan as such, I stopped eating crap all day every day and bought an exercise bike. I did an hour a day every day on the bike and my poor little dog was walked so much I think she's an inch shorter now! I have Saturday as a treat day so I'll have chocolate or crisps or whatever I fancy on a Sat night but apart from that I don't snack.
It worked for me but I understand that some people prefer to join a class.
I've been at my target weight of 9 stone for 6 months now. I'm maintaining because I've changed my habits and my mindset. How much are you hoping to lose?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.