Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

keeponkeepinon · 17/02/2018 13:08

OP's posts:
Please
or

Inarutneedhelp · 17/02/2018 21:41

I am in a way of this mindset now . I have been following the intuitive eating programme but will look at that website . I will point out that I have probably gained weight but have started to notice a shift now in my choices . I am now starting to choose more nutritious foods at most meals . Am not bothered so much by lack of sugary crap or crisps etc etc and I am hoping I will find my natural body weight overtime .
Some things I notice about myself - I am happier about myself recently . I am not agonising over a diet . I do not feel miserable if I do have a piece of cake . I have it and really enjoy it . I am not starting a diet every day or every Monday .i don’t feel deprived as I know if I want chips I can have them ( but mostly I don’t want them anymore ) I feel less pressure . I have enough pressure and stress in my life without worrying about that .
It’s a different mindset and I am settling into it .

Please
or

keeponkeepinon · 17/02/2018 22:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

Inarutneedhelp · 18/02/2018 08:00

No I don’t really count them but I am conscious of unhealthy foods . I wouldn’t eat a Big Mac for instance, yesterday I ate
Breakfast - watermelon strawberries 2 tablespoons of Rachel’s organic yoghurt and a sprinkle of granola .
Lunch - slice of ham , ryvita savoury thins , Tesco finish couscous and coleslaw made with Creme fraiche
Dinner was chicken casserole . Oh and I had 2 figrolls and a few nuts . I didn’t agonise over food all day . When I dieted ( for nearly 30 years ) it was always on my mind . As I say I have not lost weight I am pretty sure I have put on but that’s from the intuitive eating part which allows you to eat whatever you want and I did for a while . And I did chose all the forbidden diet foods . But I am past that stage now . I really only want nutritious foods . With occasional gig roll lol !
Tbh if you go this way it’s not a quick turnaround. It’s slow as your whole mentality has to change. For me I have been following WW , SW , Rosemary Conley , and every diet going for 30 years . I suffer a bit with anxiety and depression but this is definitely helping me. I read a lot about intuitive eating , caring for myself during menopause and I listen to a lot of podcasts.
Will read a bit more now on your link .
I think the key to eating as a normal person is knowing we are not deprived , there is no need for a last supper ( I think I hadobe every Sunday 😂) . There is food available and eat when we are hungry . Don’t wait until you are starving . Eat until you are gently satisfied and not until you have a pain in your stomach .
It is hard though to get off the dieting bandwagon especially when surrounded by it everywhere. I have been tempted to at times to go back to WW but now I am happy I didn’t .

Please
or

Inarutneedhelp · 18/02/2018 08:02

Sorry about all the typos ! On phone so hard to type

Please
or

dvsurvivor2015 · 10/02/2019 17:01

I'm curious if you succeeded with the"eat like a normal person" way of eating. I'm just giving it a try, and seriously troubled by the weight gain of eating nutritiously.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.