Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Aubiose or Hunter shavings?

BrokeAndBad · 09/08/2017 15:18

As per title really, got opportunity to move stables end of this month

Currently on hunter shavings which are fab, but needs take wet out daily... so thinking of laying new stable bed with Aubiose as is deep litter ...

Any experiences please Smile

TIA

OP's posts:
Please
or

Butkin1 · 15/08/2017 17:39

We prefer big flakes to Hunter. Usually we buy our distributors budget ones as they are usually just what we like. If we have to buy branded we go for Blue Frog or Bedmax.

Please
or

DraughtyWindow · 13/08/2017 09:15

Have you tried wood pellets? Fab at soaking up wee and the stable doesn't smell at all. Really quick to muck out and you can leave the wee in and remove the patches once a week if you want. Virtually dust free. You can still have shavings banks. I find Aubiose very heavy after a few weeks.

Please
or

RedComet · 11/08/2017 21:50

I use Megaspread and Nordic mixed together. Once a week I chuck in a whole pack of Nordic which are small shavings in with abt a third of a pack Megaspread. Fluffing them up together the Nordic soaks up the wee whilst the Megaspread gives a comfy bed. During the week we take out the wet and poo and top up with the Megaspread. Works well but rather pricy. Using 2/3 packs a week. I don't like thin beds. Interesting in finding out more about the Aubiose. Having said that I like to take the wee out every day. Don't like the idea of the horse being in smelly stable.

Please
or

CropRotationAfterJohn · 10/08/2017 14:32

Personally I hate deep litter, if using shavings you can't beat Bedmax - lovely big fluffy flakes.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?