Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Still missing the TES Forums?

Symingtons · 27/07/2021 13:54

If so, feel free to send me a private message and I may be able to help.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Symingtons · 14/08/2021 08:51

Well it looks like the answer is 'no'...😉, but I'm going to "bump" this up, just in case.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MyCatEatsPrawnCrackers · 14/08/2021 12:18

Yes I am but unless TES are bringing the forums back, how can you help?

Please
or

Symingtons · 22/08/2021 07:59

Another 'bump' in case any former TESsers re out there looking for a new 'home' after the demise of the TES forums.

Alternatively, if you are a teacher, former teacher, someone interested in education and/or current issues looking for a forum to contribute to, then feel free to send me a private message.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Symingtons · 26/09/2021 10:41

'Bump'!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

AttaGirrrrl · 26/09/2021 12:15

Why don’t you just tell us what you’re offering rather than being all mysterious?

Please
or

QuickFoxRun · 26/09/2021 13:29

The TES forums rehomed themselves over at staffroom.boards.net/ but I think it suffers a little from being a closed forum and also from spreading what conversation there is too thinly amongst lots and lots of different sub-forums. The general social threads are pretty active but the teaching threads are mostly dead. This forum is quite a bit more active in terms of teaching-related chatter, but if you were very active on TES it might be nice to pop over there are see some old faces (usernames?)

Please
or

Symingtons · 27/09/2021 14:30

@AttaGirrrrl

Why don’t you just tell us what you’re offering rather than being all mysterious?

Not trying to be mysterious, but attempts to comment on this topic previously have led to the moderators removing posts.
OP's posts:
Please
or

Symingtons · 27/09/2021 14:31

@QuickFoxRun

The TES forums rehomed themselves over at staffroom.boards.net/ but I think it suffers a little from being a closed forum and also from spreading what conversation there is too thinly amongst lots and lots of different sub-forums. The general social threads are pretty active but the teaching threads are mostly dead. This forum is quite a bit more active in terms of teaching-related chatter, but if you were very active on TES it might be nice to pop over there are see some old faces (usernames?)

I'd agree with this.
OP's posts:
Please
or

JazzyJess87 · 28/09/2021 20:46

Really miss the TES forum! They helped me out a lot in the past.

Please
or

Symingtons · 21/11/2021 15:28

FYI The post-TES Forum started a while ago, but which never really got off the ground (only a few, semi-regular, posters) seems to have now been closed - the page only shows:

"In accordance with Section 25(a) of the ProBoards Terms of Service, this forum has been taken offline".

Those teachers or former teachers (or anyone interested in education, I guess) interested in getting advice/sharing opinions will have to look elsewhere, starting with Mumsnet I guess.

OP's posts:
Please
or

spanieleyes · 21/11/2021 20:18

The link posted above still seems active.

Please
or

Symingtons · 22/11/2021 08:01

@spanieleyes

The link posted above still seems active.

This one isn't:

teachersuk.freeforums.net/board/1/general-discussion
OP's posts:
Please
or

Cam22 · 12/08/2022 14:24

QuickFoxRun · 26/09/2021 13:29

Agreed. TES was preferable.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.