Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone else got bugs rampant at the moment?

jennielou75 · 17/11/2017 06:18

I was ill all last weekend. Didn’t go in Monday. Now been sick all night and can’t be more than 10 feet away from the loo. Needless to say I am not going in today. I have not had a full class all week and have sent home a child each day with vomiting.
Anyone else like this out there?

OP's posts:
Please
or

BattleaxeGalactica · 17/11/2017 19:11

Not yet but it's probably only a matter of time.

Please
or

yorkshireyummymummy · 17/11/2017 19:09

My daughter has been off for the last three days.
I have spent the last three days cleaning up after her vomiting and her bottom evacuations. Joy. Oh what joy.
And, fwiw, I was the third parent to phone in on Wednesday in a school with sixty children. Apparently they are dropping like flies.

Please
or

Balfe · 17/11/2017 19:06

Our cleaning staff were cut in August and as all of the old crones me predicted, our kids and staff are dropping like flies. Never known a year like it. We've had chickenpox, impetigo and D&V.

I don't think I've had a full class since approximately 2nd October and it all seems to be genuine illness.

Please
or

jennielou75 · 17/11/2017 19:03

I’ve been teaching 20 years!!! Never had a bug like this tho. I do have Crohn’s disease so can react more if I do get it.

OP's posts:
Please
or

LaceandChintz · 17/11/2017 18:48

Our school is like this. Staff dropping like flies and children numbers really down. Except nursery where none of the staff have succumbed and only 1 child had it.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that my immune system has been strengthened by years and years of exposure to snotty/vomitty children!
Hope you feel better soon Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?