Six parts , channel four
Simon peg is in it .
Looks ok so far

OP's posts:
Please
or
to access all these features

NeelyOHara1 · 07/08/2022 19:06

I had questions, but liked that it was a very different watch and would recommend for that reason alone.

Please
or

lightand · 05/08/2022 08:33

Sounds interesting.

Wont read all the thread so dont see spoliers

Please
or

FlippinOmicron · 05/08/2022 08:30

Finished it and enjoyed it.
The ending was a bit meh but realistic.
I would recommend it.
In awe of those computer whizzes as a complete technophobe.

Please
or

supercatlady · 12/07/2022 20:34

Anyone else struggling to watch this? Buffering constantly! Wondering if someone has hacked More4 😊

Please
or

Hawkins001 · 08/07/2022 16:49

If people liked this show, the show person of interest is quite good recommend.

Please
or

Hawkins001 · 08/07/2022 16:47

the80sweregreat · 30/06/2022 22:11

I quite liked it and heard of sand box on Mumsnet of all places ( although no idea what it is or what coding involves)
Was funny seeing an old telephone book too!
The man in the cobra meeting was horrible.. a suspect I bet!

Not sure if this helps, but think of the coding as a car engine, that means you can use the car, same with us using the tablets or phones for mumsnet, the coding is the engine of the program, that allows us to use the website etc

Please
or

NumeroZero · 08/07/2022 16:42

I loved it. Having previously worked in social media, and can code, i thought it was very realistic. Things happened in the right time frames, if that makes sense? Not all fast paced when work like that isnt? Iyswim.
Given it is set a year from now, it seemed very much prediction wise to be on point and an insight as to what goes on that we might not be aware of. For example all the attacks that are foiled that we dont know about, other than x number of attacks were stopped this year. Same for the masks. Shopping for them is again on the rise. Some people have decided to wear them permanently like in other countries it is the norm. Not everyone was wearing them so I felt it was very reflective of current times.

Please
or

Doingtheboxerbeat · 08/07/2022 16:17

So the question is, do I keep all of my videos /CDs/cassette tapes etc 🤔? I have always felt like we could be thrust back into the dark ages and I can't live without music.
I thought it was extremely realistic.

Please
or

mrsfeatherbottom · 07/07/2022 23:17

Another one disappointed with the ending. It was really good although Simon Pegg's hair upset me.

Please
or

AngelicaElizaAndPeggy · 07/07/2022 21:57

Hang on, it just stopped at the end of episode 6- surely it can't just end like that!?

Please
or

RubiesandRose · 05/07/2022 18:13

Half way through episode 4 and DP and I will probably binge watch to the end tonight.

Would normally think this would be my thing but really enjoying something a bit different to the usual formulaic dramas and I love the scenes which show how their brains process information and identity discrepancies.

Please
or

Oysterbabe · 05/07/2022 15:22

I've finished it now. I was prepared to love it, it's exactly my sort of thing, but I found it really disappointing. Episode 6 should have been Episode 1 and the story been about the escalation from there. Too slow for me.

Please
or

TeenDivided · 05/07/2022 12:03

I thought it was fab.
As an ex SW developer, (who also has a relative who works at GCHQ), I am looking forward to the next episode.

Please
or

Swashbuckled · 02/07/2022 22:50

QuandaleDingle · 02/07/2022 16:32

Oh I want to watch this but is it hard to follow ?

No, it's not.

Just bear in mind that some things are representative (like the imaginary scenes when they are searching through computer numbers) and you'll be fine.

Please
or

QuandaleDingle · 02/07/2022 16:32

Oh I want to watch this but is it hard to follow ?

Please
or

cakeorwine · 02/07/2022 16:18

Just started a thread with spoilers for people who have binge watched it all

www.mumsnet.com/talk/telly_addicts/4581523-the-undeclared-war-for-those-who-have-watched-all-episodes-spoilers

Please
or

WhoWants2Know · 02/07/2022 14:28

Yeah, it really didn't feel like fiction.

Please
or

cakeorwine · 02/07/2022 13:33

Just finished it.
It's good - won't do any spoilers but it made me think.

Please
or

Swashbuckled · 01/07/2022 23:46

’ve finished them all. I liked that it was introverted rather than punchy and dramatic.

Didn’t mind the build up of lesbian action and glad they didn’t kill one of them off.

Was interesting re the zeitgeist of letting the public get used to being lied to being more important to them than the lies themselves. And the theme of knowing the outcomes in advance of decisions made by the enemy.

The comment by the Russians about isolating Britain brought Brexit to mind.

Fiction, not so much (I thought).

I liked that there were women leads.

And like I said, gin.

Please
or

Swashbuckled · 01/07/2022 22:36

newnamethanks · 01/07/2022 22:17

Font worry swashbuckled Russia won't be seeing anything it hasn't thought of before. Maybe by the end of this series we'll all be a lot more aware of how Russia has infiltrated governments and institutions across the West. They're not doing it for fun.

Yes, you are probably right.

I am about to start episode six so let's see... 🙂

Please
or

newnamethanks · 01/07/2022 22:17

Font worry swashbuckled Russia won't be seeing anything it hasn't thought of before. Maybe by the end of this series we'll all be a lot more aware of how Russia has infiltrated governments and institutions across the West. They're not doing it for fun.

Please
or

wellhelloitsme · 01/07/2022 21:51

eddiemairswife · 01/07/2022 21:41

U thought was like a second-rate Spooks.

My god I fucking LOVE Spooks! Such good TV.

It's so funny watching it now and seeing them use such clunky tech doing surveillance too.

Reminded me how long ago it was actually made.

Please
or

eddiemairswife · 01/07/2022 21:41

U thought was like a second-rate Spooks.

Please
or

Swashbuckled · 01/07/2022 21:26

^ I am bingeing with gin 🥴

Please
or

JoanWilderbeast · 01/07/2022 21:17

The beginning threw me, but I'm really glad I stuck with it. I thought the lead actress was really good and found I teared up a bit. I also loved the music. Won't binge, just watch episodes I've put on record.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?