Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mid forties, need some make up application tips/ products recommendations please!

CoconutAmericano · 05/08/2022 19:58

Where would one go about this? Im a bit out of touch..

Has anyone of a similar age any yt video recommendations or blog recommendations please? Preferably Irish/uk bloggers or vloggers as products may be more readily available. Ive been doing my make up the same way the last 25 years. Id like to maybe modernise my products/ techniques a bit as i age.. its time for a bit of a shake up.

I got my wardrobe sorted, my skin care sorted, now its make up time 🤣🤣.

OP's posts:
Please
or

CoconutAmericano · 07/08/2022 17:16

thanks @peonyprincess i haven't watched her videos in years, i must check her out again. 🙂

OP's posts:
Please
or

peonyprincess · 07/08/2022 15:50

Lisa Eldridge - Queen of the makeup artists 💕

Please
or

CoconutAmericano · 06/08/2022 16:44

@MsFogi thanks i think i know who you mean actually!

OP's posts:
Please
or

MsFogi · 06/08/2022 13:12

Dominique Sacshe on You Tube has some really great videos about mistakes on 'older' skin.

Please
or

CoconutAmericano · 05/08/2022 20:25

Thank you so much for the recommendations ladies! I’ll be checking everything out tonight, that’s my friday night sorted 🤣🤣
@CharlesIsQueensHorcrux i started following thanks to fashion, Lydia tomlinson and model mouth on you tube a few mths ago and although Lydia and model mouth are young tanned toned and gorgeous i find their simple classic styles very easy to transfer (with occasional tweaking) onto my mid forties body. Thanks to fashion would be of a similar age to me. Again i love her simple but good quality classic style 👌🏻 Hope this helps my dear 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

goldfinchonthelawn · 05/08/2022 20:14

I love Andreea Ali. Follow her do's and don't on this video. Whenever I do exactly what she says I get positive comments on how good I like. Otherwise, I never get any comments at all!

Ali Andreea right and wrong make up application , forty plus.

Please
or

CharlesIsQueensHorcrux · 05/08/2022 20:10

Hi - I was much the same and really like Trinny London. It’s basically for women our age. Lots of easy videos and you can apply it all with fingers (though I like a brush for eyeshadow). There’s an excellent website that helps you work out which shades will suit you and you can have an online session with a make up artist. I am rubbish at this sort of thing and don’t have the time or frankly inclination to watch teenagers on TikTok but this worked for me. It’s quite expensive but you don’t need many items - I use a tinted moisturiser, under eye cream, eye shadow and lip & check combo thing, total cost maybe £75, plus a non-Trinny mascara. Josh Wood is an equivalent for hair colour. Good luck!

PS How did you go about getting your wardrobe sorted please???

Please
or

CoconutAmericano · 05/08/2022 20:06

Oh thank you, I will! 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheOGCCL · 05/08/2022 20:05

I'd look at Caroline Barnes on YouTube.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?