My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Marks and Spencer jeans/jeggings

14 replies

Chocolatepeanuts · 03/12/2020 09:58

Hi ladies, I've often seen marks jeans or jeggings raved about on here, went to to get some but there's a huge choice! For anyone who is a fan could you tell me what you go for? Looking for a skinny fit and nice high waist. Thanks 😊

OP posts:
Frankiefrank · 03/12/2020 11:04

Their Ivy skinny jeans are good.

I wear the Lily, which are slim fit jeans, but are more flattering on me as they are skinny on the top but not too skinny below the knee.

Mehbloodymeh · 03/12/2020 22:30

I like the high waisted jeggings. I have about 7 pairs of the old size 8s and one of the new model size 10. They're the exact same size so just wear your own size.
You see the Tesco jeans rated highly here on S&B. I bought a pair, they are a lovely quality but if you're reasonably bumless like I am they're a bit baggy. If you have some bum to speak of then they may also be a good buy.

cherrypie790 · 03/12/2020 22:31

Both my dd's and I wear the high waisted jeggings. They wash well, are fairly inexpensive, and one of things that M & S get very right!

XherdanShaqiri · 03/12/2020 22:38

I love the Carrie high waist slim fit and the Sophia high waist straight.

CarolNoE · 03/12/2020 22:43

£15 jeggings in plain colours. Love them. High waisted which I love as a pear shape... I have always had a dipping in back/ lumbar and stick out bum and belly. Anything with a zip fly adds more bulk at the front then I get a bunched up waist at the back, if belted. So these jeggings are a good solution for me. I would use the word forgiving to sum them up. High lycra content so enough to hold me in a bit but not too tight to look indecent or cut off circurlation. Don't knee or bag straight away. I had some animal print ones, better than they sound, but material feels more coarse, from the dye/colour process. I hope m&s are not another victim of the high street as these are my staple.

Hopeislost · 03/12/2020 22:46

Another vote for the high-waisted jeggings. They hold everything in, come in different lengths and loads of colours and are £15!

Chocolatepeanuts · 04/12/2020 07:00

Thanks everyone! I Have ordered 2 pair of the jeggings. Have lost a bit of weight (yay! Its been a long time coming) and my old dp jeggings have gone baggy and horrible, but don't want to spend a fortune as hope to lose more. Thanks for the opinions!

OP posts:
ivfbeenbusy · 04/12/2020 07:15

Ivy skinny jeans all the way - I have them in loads of different colours. But be aware that different colours can mean different materials and there is no consistency in sizing

PurpleDaisies · 04/12/2020 09:22

I hadn’t realised there were so many high waisted jeggings fans. I’ve got five pairs of them.

No one’s mentioned sienna straight. They’re my favourite everyday jeans. Slim fit but not too slim. They’re much nicer than the photos on the website.

gerbo · 04/12/2020 15:38

The Carrie- high waist, skinny, stretch.
Short though - regular length is a bit short and I'm 5'4.

DelphiniumBlue · 04/12/2020 17:42

PurpleDaisies, what is the fit like on the Sienna jeans?
It's so hard buying jeans online, I reckon I'm a good size larger around the middle than round the hips and thighs, so I need something that's cut accordingly, with a looseish waist in comparision to the hips.

PurpleDaisies · 04/12/2020 17:46

They’re probably not quite right for you then, @DelphiniumBlue. The waistband is quite fitted in comparison with the bum.

DelphiniumBlue · 04/12/2020 18:39

Thanks, PurpleDaisies, that's really helpful.

MrsGrindah · 04/12/2020 18:43

I like the Ivy jeans but they have a fair bit of stretch so might need to size down

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.