Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Interview outfit

AvonCallingBarksdale · 24/07/2020 17:05

I have an interview in the next couple of weeks for a senior position in a medium size charity. The interview is with the CEO and board of trustees. First round on Zoom and second round in person. I’m wondering what to go for - black trousers and a shirt/blouse? I’m 5’3” size 12-14 and always wear heels to work (not when I’m at home of course Grin )

Any suggestions?

OP's posts:
Please
or

AvonCallingBarksdale · 24/07/2020 17:48

Thank you, right I foresee an evening of outfit choosing.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PicklePig31 · 24/07/2020 17:29

I have a fabulous Mango skirt suit. Bought it 8 years ago (I’ve just worked that out - madness how time flies!) and I’ve worn it three times since.

It’s a dark blue with fine white pinstripes and fits like a dream. I’m sure I got it in the sale and I usually team it with a white blouse tucked up and small heeled court shoes.

Mango have a sale on. Quite like this in the green (depending on your colouring, but also have it in grey too).

shop.mango.com/gb/women/jackets-blazers/double-breasted-blazer_67097664.html?c=37

Please
or

AvonCallingBarksdale · 24/07/2020 17:20

Thank @PicklePig31 - any particular shops you’d suggest? I tend to mooch around a department store looking for inspiration but not quite getting the right look Confused

OP's posts:
Please
or

PicklePig31 · 24/07/2020 17:16

Zoom - super smart blouse/blazer as they will only see your top half.

In person - I’d go super cooperate here. Matching skirt or trouser suit with small heels and a nice blouse. Good hair and put together make up.

Good luck OP!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.