Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

School bag/back pack for school for 12 year old daughter...

neveradullmoment99 · 27/07/2019 18:30

Not sure what to get her. She had a back pack last year [ Her first year of high school] and it seemed so small. She has to carry loads. Any suggestions for something robust and that is darkish colours / fashionable enough and she might like? She is 12 coming on 13. Also cost a reasonable amount and not something ridiculous. Thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

DariaMorgendorffer · 27/07/2019 18:39

Jansport are most popular in dd's school. Padded shoulder straps, come in a variety of colours, and very durable.

Please
or

neveradullmoment99 · 27/07/2019 18:45

Thank you. Yeh, my older DS had a Jansport [ Many years ago but couldn't remember the name of it or whether it was current if you know what I mean] Will have a look for that. It was pricey I remember but lasted forever. Thank you.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Scoleah · 27/07/2019 18:58

My daughter has a Hype bag
Really roomy and lasted all year,
Lots cheap on amazon

Please
or

neveradullmoment99 · 27/07/2019 19:55

She had a hype bag and it just didn't have enough room sadly. Lovely bag though and my ds has one too.Thanks though :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

UnicornMadeOfPinkGlitter · 27/07/2019 20:48

Dd is 13 and just finished yr8. She has a vans backpack. The checkered one which is a bit bigger.
She used a kanken for a while but not big enough.

Please
or

mejon · 27/07/2019 21:19

DD1 is about to go into yr9 and has had the same Animal backpack since starting secondary. Good padded straps and plenty of room for books, files etc. along with her sandwich box. She'll be getting a new one for September but only because she fancies a change - the bag is perfectly fine.

Please
or

soapona · 27/07/2019 21:56

A fjalsen kanken. But from a reputable outlet though lots of poor quality fakes about. She can get one in any colour.

Please
or

TantricTwist · 27/07/2019 23:07

DD had a kanken for yr 7 which was big enough. I got it from urban outfitters when they had some kind of discount going on. She's carrying on into yr 8 with it.

Please
or

neveradullmoment99 · 29/07/2019 10:59

Slightly Shock at the kanken prices. Thanks for all your imput. Its been very helpful👍

OP's posts:
Please
or

soapona · 29/07/2019 13:55

@neveradullmoment99 They do last quite a few years though. You shouldn't need to replace yearly, and they're quite cool.

Please
or

carrie74 · 29/07/2019 21:57

DD (14) has been using an Eastpak rucksack this year, it's been great, really robust, tonnes of colour ways, and very French 😉

Please
or

neveradullmoment99 · 29/07/2019 22:19

I have seen the Eastpak on amazon. Will go and have another look. Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

WellTidy · 29/07/2019 22:22

Just bought a north face one on amazon for DS to start secondary school. It is waterproof and big enough. I justified the price on the basis that, being waterproof, it would last well and would double up as a bag for winter ski holidays, outdoor break type things too.

Please
or

neveradullmoment99 · 03/08/2019 20:46

Ordered a Jansport big student back pack. Think there will be tons of room and I like the compartment at the front. Thanks everyone who suggested.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?