My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Talk to me about tit tape...

24 replies

cathyandclare · 18/05/2019 10:24

I've dug an old dress out of the back of my wardrobe and am thinking of wearing it to the races. The problem is, either it's stretched or I have and now it's all a bit boobs-on-a-plate.

I don't want to be in the Daily Mail as an example of trashy dressing and my boobs are definitely not fit for public display so I hoped some tape would hold everything in place. I've googled and looked on Amazon and the reviews are mixed. I want something INDUSTRIAL. There's enough fabric to cover 'em up I just need to stop it and them flopping down.

What's the best tape on the market, or should I rock out the superglue?

OP posts:
cathyandclare · 18/05/2019 10:25

Aaaaagh. This was meant to be in Style and Beauty, I've never been brave enough to post in AIBU < wibble>

OP posts:
Inferiorbeing · 18/05/2019 10:39

Primark tit tape is quite good surprisingly!

bagpiss · 18/05/2019 10:50

Hi, op I work in film costuming and we regularly used to use bye-bra stick on lift tape, but, to be more economical we used to fold one in half and cut it into two pear shaped lifts, stick about an inch of it just above the nipple, hoik nipple up and stick to the chest, they work incredibly well under hot lights etc.
I've noticed recently that a company called 'perkypear' do exactly this shape ready made now but we haven't yet tried them out.

cathyandclare · 18/05/2019 10:54

Brilliant thanks bagpiss and inferiorbeing

I think the bye-bra will make boobs perkier... then maybe Primark stuff to stop the fabric slipping. Or is there anything stronger than Primark to keep clothing in place?

OP posts:
cathyandclare · 18/05/2019 11:14

Have just seen that bye-bra also make fashion tape. Do you use that too @bagpiss?

OP posts:
Nervousdave · 18/05/2019 12:24

I used skin-coloured KT tape from superdrug. It wasn't cheap but jesus it held them in place all evening (was MOH at a wedding with too much boobs for the dress)!
I'd recommend getting some cheap (primark?) nipple daisies so you dont have to peel tape off the nips if you need a lot of support.
I also found that after 10 or so hours it was a little itchy/irritating, so I'd recommend for shorter duration if possible.

bagpiss · 19/05/2019 07:16

Sorry for delayed reply, currently only use the trimmed boob lifters. I do have tape that we stick droopy or loose floppy fabric to skin, however I've had loads of that forever in my kit and I'm unsure what brand it was originally, which will be annoying when it runs out as it great 😏

ElizabethinherGermanGarden · 19/05/2019 08:07

@bagpiss Could you draw a diagram? Sounds great but can't quite picture it.

bagpiss · 19/05/2019 08:21

Elizabeth, do you mean a diagram of the shape we trim them? Let me know and i will definitely post an image a bit later when i get a longer moment.

bagpiss · 19/05/2019 11:24

@ElizabethinherGermanGarden

1. Fold the bye bra in half and trim round so you get two pear shaped stickers.

Like in Image 2, (which is of Perkypears' ready made shapes that I haven't used so don't know how strong they are)

We stick about an inch of the bye-bra just above the areole area (as sticking to nipple can be painful) then lift the nipple to where you want it, up and inch and a bit usually, then stick the rest of the sticker to the chest, press firmly all round.
Used this technique for up to D/DD nipple lifting.
Depending on the fullness of your boob or how much skin you have there may be a little skin wrinkle but it's rarely visible when clothed.
When I've run out of the stash i already have I will likely try a couple of the perky pear different types as they look good in theory.
Sorry for my bit rubbish images from phone...
ElizabethinherGermanGarden · 19/05/2019 17:22

That's amazing! It's nothing like what I had in my head so thank you very much. I have big boobs and a backless dress so have been wondering.

cathyandclare · 19/05/2019 19:01

This thread has been an education. I have all sorts of tape and devices on order!

I even read a blog about using gaffer tape- but I'm drawing the line at that- I have bought some of the Superdrug stuff and the bye-bra stuff and some tape called Braza.

Pert and perky here I come Grin

OP posts:
bagpiss · 19/05/2019 20:01

Grin at cathyandclare

It might be worth trying the PP breast lift tape elizabeth if your boobs are quite big, ( i have absolutely no association with them at all) but their images of people with them on look really good.

https://perkypear.com

poppym12 · 21/05/2019 18:36

Very helpful info, thank you.
Is there a way of perking them up if you're wearing a strappy top? Sadly the pear shaped ones would show above the neckline. I've been trying to fathom out how to do it but failed.

bagpiss · 22/05/2019 10:45

I mostly recommend the tape for backless tops/dresses @poppym12 ,
However for strapless/strappy clothing, these bra's are fab and give your boobs an amazing shape.
I'm a DD and have no issues with it drooping or loosening at all.

Dobreva Women's No Padding See-Through Underwire Multiway Strapless Lace Bra Beige 38 D https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MY3BJD7/ref=cmswwrcppapiii_6Mr5Cb812J63Q

poppym12 · 22/05/2019 13:05

Thanks for the link bagpiss. Sadly they don't go up to my cup size.

bagpiss · 22/05/2019 17:31

Try simplybe for larger cup strapless bras poppym12, they're usually quite reliable with decent hold, i think something like ella lace, might be suitable.

poppym12 · 25/05/2019 10:00

Will do bagpiss. I only need a 32 or 34 band depending on the brand but for some weird reason, the cup size keeps increasing during menopause Blush

bagpiss · 25/05/2019 10:41

Oh lord poppym12, I totally get that, I thought i was a D/Dd cup but having recently been measured after giving up bras completely due to meno I'm apparently a GG now ! Confused

CadburysTastesVileNow · 25/05/2019 14:13

Poppy - perky pair do some lifts made specifically for bandeau style tops which would work maybe.

dancemom · 25/05/2019 14:23

Duct / gaffer tape

poppym12 · 27/05/2019 22:46

It's quite disconcerting bagpiss. I'm really not used to these things. I could always get away with cropped tops or bralets which is probably why I'm really hoping I can find some magic tape.

Will definitely check that out cadbury, thank you.

Faffertea · 06/06/2022 12:30

@cathyandclare
sorry to revive an old thread but this popped up when I googled ‘boob tape for bigger boobs’!
How did you get on?
@bagpiss did you ever try out the pear one?
I’m 32/34E but wrong side of 35 + baby= no way am I going bra less with gorgeous backless dress I’ve found for a ball in a few weeks!

Bagpiss · 06/06/2022 16:33

@Faffertea Hi, no I didn't ever get around to it, I had quite a stock of the ones I was already using so didn't need to. Sorry 🙂

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.