My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Laura Gellar makeup - any good and what should I get?

11 replies

Happyclappy20 · 08/01/2019 13:27

Anyone tried this? I have tired, pasty, early forties skin!

OP posts:
kezzaerina · 08/01/2019 13:33

I got some Laura Gellar as part of my sisters Christmas - she loves it and has already bought some more of the products. Already planning to get some for myself!

Happyclappy20 · 08/01/2019 13:36

Which products did she get?

OP posts:
WWYDhelpplease · 08/01/2019 16:31

I don’t like it but it does look lovely. Take a look on qvc. That way you can return if it doesn’t suit.

70isaLimitNotaTarget · 08/01/2019 16:50

I have tried some (years ago I bought a set from QvC)

Balance & Brighten - the baled foundation. I think I got one too dark, it was nice enough, easy to apply ( there was a really good retractable brush) you DO need to buff it well.
It felt nicer on my skin than Bare Minerals

Lip Gloss - very thick but moisturising, smelled like vanilla caramel Grin

Mascara - didn't like it , panda etes

Eye-liner - I got a bronze/brown one , very soft with a rubber blender at the end

Duo eyeshadow (it was pink/grey) very strong pigment , can be used with a damp liner brush along the eyelashes

Blusher - Roseberry , lovely shade , very much 'my' shade . Unfortunately it broke when I dropped it

I don't wear make-up as a rule , but I would buy the blusher again

70isaLimitNotaTarget · 08/01/2019 16:51

baked not baled

DennisIsABastardMan · 08/01/2019 17:00

I love Laura Geller! The Balance and Brighten foundation is great, I think it's better coverage than BareMinerals, though still only really medium coverage - depends what you want to conceal. My skin has got quite dry over winter, and it's not so great when this happens as it highlights the dry bits. It's my go-to makeup in the summer though.

I've also just got the Filter Finish setting powder, which I love - it has a lovely but not too overpowering shimmer which is giving my winter skin a real lift.

I like her mascara as well - both Stylash and Lash Boss. This latter one has a great brush, long on one side and short on the other.

Other than that, I've just tried the eyeshadow (meh - no better or worse than any other) and lipgloss (awful, but I hate lipgloss and it was part of a set). Oh yes, and the Spackle primer - not very impressed with this, felt more like a moisturiser than a primer, I don't use it.

My advice - go for the foundation and the setting powder!

legolimb · 08/01/2019 17:04

I have this collection but purchased from QVC

LIghts of Venice

I love the Balance and Glow. I am not much of a make up wearer but this just does enough without feeling or looking made up.

LIpstick is nice. Quite comfortable and a good colour
Lipgloss was great -used it up. A little sticky
Mascara - very
Eyeliner - nice but too much make up for me
the eyeshadow pencil was nice enough - I don't think I knew how to use it properly tbh.
Blusher - nice colour and texture
brush is great - i've broken it though.

EatSleepRantRepeat · 08/01/2019 17:14

I have the liquid gelato pillow top illuminator in ballerina - its a subtle liquid highlighter which has a very sheer pink sheen to it. I love it - I'm very pale, neutral skin tone and it doesn't look glittery or too much. The pillow top applicator also helps avoiding too much on, though I've not tried washing it yet (which I always do with sponges to avoid a build up of bacteria).

dontgobaconmyheart · 08/01/2019 19:35

I tried it in a QVC set I was gifted and to be honest nothing was great, most of it I never used and all of it was eventually binned or given away. I didn't think it felt remotely high end and half of it just didn't work.
Balance and brighten really wasn't for me, I found it had an orange tint even in the pale shade and felt and looked awful on no matter how much i buffed ( I don't get on with powder foundations though)
Also got an eyeliner which was just the same as your average rimmel etc, a lipgloss that was a nice colour but quite thick and gloopy and didn't last 5 minutes, also it stunk of vanilla, an eyeshadow trio which was again fine but no better than something from superdrug, and I only really used one shade as the other two had no real payoff (random meh beige shades), a blusher, which i did like and use but wouldnt have repurchased, and lastly and a powder highlighter which was genuinely the worst ive used, about the same as trying to use a slightly glittery beige eyeshadow as highlight really.
I was gutted Envy

Deathraystare · 10/01/2019 15:39

The balance and brighten was too dark for my light colouring and had some darkish bronze colour through it that emphasized the redness in my face (it wasn't the balance and bronze honest!).

The balance and glow was quite nice but did emphasize my pores and no good on my oily bits. The eye shadows were lovely and the highlighters. Mascara - nope. The lipsticks were nice.

Kaz2200 · 10/01/2019 16:51

I use the balance and glow everyday and wouldn't be without it, I use over The Ordinary Serum Foundation. On holiday or no make up days I use it on its own. I always get the supersize ones, and have to admit that the colours vary a bit. I still love it though.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.