Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Addicted to those stupid elf bars

Stickworm · 10/07/2022 15:07

A few months ago someone gave me an elf bar on a night out. Fast forward to now and I’m addicted (I’m an ex smoker haven’t smoked for 5 years), using one every two days. I naively thought 2ml was low nicotine when in fact it’s the equivalent to 40-50 cigarettes a day 😳

Recently I’ve had terrible fatigue almost constantly and gut issues and just generally an unwell feeling, I’m convinced it’s the sheer amount of nicotine in these things and I want to stop asap. I have two small children and feeling like this is rubbish plus I want to be healthy for them generally. My question, do I:

• go cold turkey and have some really rather unpleasant withdrawals for a week or so
  • get some nicotine gum and cut down slowly on that
my concern with gum is that I’m really just replacing one nicotine addiction with another, at the same time though the idea of going cold turkey from equivalent 20+ a day cigarette habit is giving me the fear! Any tips?
OP's posts:
Please
or

Stickworm · 10/07/2022 15:08

nicotine when in fact it’s the equivalent to 40-50 cigarettes a day to clarify one elf bar = 40-50 cigarettes

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tirednortherner · 08/08/2022 20:38

@Stickworm

me too.

I’ve ordered some zero nicotine ones, I was never a smoker so hoping some of the addiction is to the action.

nicotine leaves your system within 48 hours but withdrawal can be nasty. Could you get patches ? Take the edge of but not something you can just do as such.

If I can’t transition to zero nic ones I’m planning using the patch.

Please
or

ilovepixie · 08/08/2022 22:37

I didn't realise they had so much nicotine on them! I work in a shop and loads of people buy them. Some people give them to their kids!

Please
or

SavingsThreads · 08/08/2022 22:40

ilovepixie · 08/08/2022 22:37

I didn't realise they had so much nicotine on them! I work in a shop and loads of people buy them. Some people give them to their kids!

What?! People are buying vapes for their kids in your shop?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.