Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Which vape?

sparkle789 · 31/05/2021 08:13

I want to quit smoking and have decided to get a vape but there is so much choice I don’t know which to get.
I want a small one but other than that I’m lost!
Has anyone got any recommendations?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Journeynotdestination · 31/05/2021 08:36

It’s slightly trial & error depending on your smoking style. I’ve tried four different ones and love the Smok RPM80. It comes with two different coils, the RGC coil is more suited to airy plus of vape you can breath straight into your lungs (I prefer) and you can adjust the air valve to make it more or less airy, the other coil is an RPM which is much more of a restrictive ‘pull’ and mimics smoking a cigarette more. It’s not too big & you can buy separate click in pods so that you can change the flavours easily. Battery lasts really well and has a puff counter so you can monitor usage.

Genuine SMOK RPM80 Kit 80W E Cigarettes 3000mAh SMOK RPM 80 No Nicotine (Black Carbon Fiber) www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085WNTT5S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_PY97FZAE0H7YTNJ14EZ4?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

Please
or

Journeynotdestination · 31/05/2021 08:39

Just be sure to keep the wattage on the device to the maximum the coil will take - the RGC coil is max 25w, otherwise the device leaks a little through the mouth piece.

Please
or

Saladd0dger · 31/05/2021 08:47

I just stick to cheap and cheerful now. Always breaking the bloody things lol. Currently using this thepuffinhut.com/products/endura-t20-s-starter-kit
It took me a while to find liquid I liked and could stick at. You can find liquids a lot cheaper online than in the shops.

Please
or

sparkle789 · 01/06/2021 08:01

Thank you.

OP's posts:
Please
or

NattyDiamondDoll · 01/06/2021 08:10

I use the Endura T18 vape, very simple to use. Can order from their website or amazon.

Please
or

malkowski · 02/11/2021 10:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

Ketz · 19/01/2022 05:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Please
or

MysteriesOfTheOrganism · 19/01/2022 06:21

As someone else said, it really depends on your smoking style, so you're going to have to experiment. I finally settled on 2 models. The Innokin Endura T22, which is not too bulky or heavy but has a long-lasting battery and doesn't seem to use up coils too fast. My favourite is the Aspire PockeX - fits my smoking style perfectly, is quite small; battery lasts all day on moderate vaping, although I think it uses up coils quite quickly (but maybe that's because I use it way more than the Innokin.)

Please
or

B0J0ker · 19/01/2022 10:42

Have a look at Juul vapes. Designed by ex-smokers, coil free, you buy 'pods' of the liquid (decent flavours) which click in to place, so not messy.

I'd tried loads of different vapes before using these, and these have been my favourite (and have kept me off the cigs).

Please
or

MariaCarvil · 16/02/2022 07:54

I would have recommended Juull before, but now my opinion has changed. If you have decided exactly what you need a small vape, then I can confidently recommend you vapes and e-liquids www.thevapecig.co.uk/e-liquid/flavours/mint-e-liquids.html. You'll find a huge number of flavors there, but my favorite is still menthol. When I gave up cigarettes, I also doubted which vape to choose, because any of them seemed to me too much. But this is rather an illusion when you get used to the vape, you will forget about the size.

Please
or

HopingForMyRainbowBaby · 16/02/2022 07:59

I have the voopoo Argos air. It comes with 2 mouth pieces, one with the coil already attached and the other with the coil separate. It has a button to change the strength and you can also change the air flow by turning the pod the opposite way round. The only downside is you have to hold it to a light to fill it as the pods are a Smokey grey colour but other than that and the self inhale bit no longer working I've never had an issue with it. It just means now I have to press the vape button all the time instead. Oh and it also tells you how many times a day you've vaped!

Please
or

HopingForMyRainbowBaby · 16/02/2022 08:00

This is it

Which vape?
Please
or

TrexDrip · 06/03/2022 08:58

I couldn’t get on with any you need to fill with the liquid so have gone with OK vape which has little pods which you just swap on the top. Probably more expensive than liquid but I have actually stuck to this for a month now and had previously smoked for 20 years ! It’s easy to use and you can get in supermarkets. Currently on highest strength blackcurrant ones but have tried mint and tobacco flavoured pods as well. Starter pack with 3 pods is about £5 so easy enough to try

Please
or

MWilson123 · 08/03/2022 23:30

Vaping is a way to get the nicotine that you need without the harmful effects of smoking. All the chemicals in smoke are not good for you and will increase your risk of getting cancer. I have been trying to quit smoking for years, and only recently did I find a great new way. If you want to get started, I recommend starting with the www.liberty-flights.co.uk/. It's simple to use and easy to take with you anywhere. They also come in multiple flavors, including mint, my favorite! They have the best flavors!

Please
or

Ratsindahouse · 09/03/2022 00:07

I have tried loads, both liquids and pods. The best I have tried and the one I stick to now is hexa menthol Nic salt pods 30mg with this vape www.electrictobacconist.co.uk/hexa-pro-device-kit-p9861
In comparison, the others are so much weaker

Please
or

Ratsindahouse · 09/03/2022 00:07

20mg not 30

Please
or

MaMisled · 09/03/2022 00:23

Smok Nfix are smallish and very easy to refill.

Please
or

Ballsaque · 09/03/2022 00:29

JacVapour do a nice small vape.

If you’re just starting out they have some easy to use things and the website can help you choose.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.