Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Tomorrow is Stop Day...

bumblebee39 · 22/10/2018 22:59

I am pregnant and recently decided that termination was not an option for me (unplanned pregnancy, recently a single parent)

I have tried to quit before but often use stress/emotions as an excuse and also struggle to stay stopped once I am stopped.

I have already cut down and have the inhalators, mouths pray, lozenges and gum (allergic to the patches/skin irritations dizziness etc.)

I have also stocked up on sugar free gum that doesn't contain nicotine and am down to my last few cigarettes (will give them and all smoking paraphernalia to a neighbour who smokes, whatever's left over).

Anyway, any other tips? I know it's the best thing for this baby and now I've decided I am definitely going through with the pregnancy I know it's the right thing to quit. However, I am going through a lot of stress at the moment and worry if I don't deal with that I may lapse.

I want to give up for good. Not just for the pregnancy etc. But FOREVER. What can I do to make sure this is my last quit?

And what helped you quit?

I have previously stopped and started so much I just don't know how to make this stick.

I hate the smell and cost and everything and just want the cigs gone for good.

Tia. Xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

bumblebee39 · 25/10/2018 13:31

Finally managed stop day today...
Struggling with cravings and had already cut right down.

Any tips?

I am trying to think about the positives and the pregnancy etc. As well as the kids I already have, smell and cost.

Tia xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ollivander84 · 31/10/2018 12:40

Have you got the smoke free app? That's really motivating

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.