Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

E-cig for social smoking. What do you think?

BeyondLovesSweetDee · 21/08/2016 11:44

DH called me a hipster when I suggested it...

I am a former smoker who struggles to stay 'former' in social situations. I then obsess about smoking even if I manage to resist it.

I know someone similar who has bought an e-cig for these kind of situations, so was considering doing the same

Is it a stupid idea?

OP's posts:
Please
or

PolterGoose · 21/08/2016 11:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

magimedi · 21/08/2016 11:50

I know several people who have done this. They only smoke when they've had a drink & have moved to vaping. If you are subtle you don't even have to go out & stand in the cold when at the pub.

Please
or

Branleuse · 21/08/2016 11:59

sounds like a good idea

Please
or

BeyondLovesSweetDee · 21/08/2016 11:59

DH is saying "just don't smoke if you don't want to". Hmm I don't think he gets it

Where do I start? Starter packs??

OP's posts:
Please
or

PolterGoose · 21/08/2016 12:03

Please
or

PolterGoose · 21/08/2016 12:06

Please
or

BeyondLovesSweetDee · 21/08/2016 12:08

Thank you, I just saw it :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

FurryDogMother · 21/08/2016 12:09

For a situation like this, I would suggest an Eleaf iNano - it's a tiny device with a small battery, but as you wouldn't be using it much, that's not an issue. I have one in rose gold, but they do a rather nice shocking pink version, too (as well as black, grey and stainless steel options). Get some 0 nicotine e-juice for it in a flavour you love - then you can go through the motions of smoking without actually exposing yourself to nicotine again. Not silly in the slightest - I think it's a good idea if you find yourself tempted to smoke.

Please
or

quitecrunchy · 21/08/2016 12:20

Seconding the zero nicotine juice suggestion - then you get the vaping experience without having the temptation of the nicotine stowed away at home between social situations.

Please
or

PlentyOfPubeGardens · 21/08/2016 12:32

Myepack are selling off Kanger ESmart kits for £10. The batteries are smaller than the eleaf iNano but you get 2 of everything and I think they'd suit an occasional social vaper very well.

Please
or

BeyondLovesSweetDee · 21/08/2016 12:32

I've found a few zero nicotine flavours I like the sound of, that's what I'd planned to use.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.