Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

help please, leaking nautilus mini

Celestria · 17/04/2015 18:35

My nautilus mini is gurgling, ejuice coming out of air flow vent, or spitting into mouth. I have blown it out, checked all parts and seals, emptied it, reassembled it and still ongoing. The eliquid is a 50/50 mix and all was fine until I refilled the tank. This has gone on all day!

OP's posts:
Please
or

PolterGoose · 18/04/2015 08:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

PlentyOfPubeGardens · 18/04/2015 10:51

I haven't watched this all the way through (it's 40 minutes!) but there is a helpful looking video .

Please
or

magimedi · 18/04/2015 11:12

That video looks great - my god he speaks slowly though!

Haven't got time to watch it atm but will do so later on.

Flowers Plenty

Please
or

PlentyOfPubeGardens · 18/04/2015 11:19

Also found this:

Resolving gurgling

Assuming the atomizer has not failed, flooding and gurgling are commonly caused by:

• E-liquid over-saturating the atomizer due to over-priming the atomizer or using a tight airflow setting.
  • Condensation developing under the drip tip, particularly in the chimney section.

If you find your Nautilus floody or gurgling, try the following tip I adapted from RTA users:

1 Roll a small square (e.g. 3" x 3") of paper towel to a blunt point, akin to a sharpened pencil.

2 Remove the Nautilus drip tip, rinse it with warm water, then dry it thoroughly.

3 If you are using a box mod, remove the Nautilus from the mod.

4 Set the Nautilus airflow adjustment ring to the maximum airflow setting.

5 Invert the Nautilus and insert the paper towel roll prepared in step 1 into the hole in the upper hardware where the drip tip connects.

6 With the Nautilus remaining inverted, gently — very gently — blow into the airflow hole in the airflow adjustment ring. Repeat this step two or three times.

7 Turn the Nautilus right-side up and remove the paper towel roll from the upper hardware. Use the clean end of the paper towel roll to remove any remaining e-liquid or condensation where the drip tip connects to the upper hardware.

8 Reattach the drip tip to the Nautilus.

9 If you removed the Nautilus from your mod, reconnect it to the mod.
Please
or

magimedi · 18/04/2015 11:33

That is an interesting link.

S/he says that the stainless steel drip tip supplied with the mini nautilus makes their lips chapped. I've been using that tip & have noticed chapped lips.

Any recommendations for a different tip & where to get it from (not fast tech, please as want one asap).

Please
or

PolterGoose · 18/04/2015 11:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

magimedi · 18/04/2015 11:42

Thanks, Polter - I don't use ebay .

I'm off to Brighton next week so will have a look in some of the shops there.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.