Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Vaping newbie, it's working and want to get serious!

BotoxBitch · 24/03/2015 22:22

Hi everyone.

Just wowed by this vaping lark. Thought it was abit if a fad at first, but took the plunge and bought a starter kit 5 weeks ago and without me even thinking about after 20 years I've stopped smoking. I've even got 60 fags in cupboard and not one bit of me wants them! Wo-hooo!

So bought a 'Totally Wicked' Titan starter kit, battery was naf. Lasts about an hour Confused so in tesco other week and saw the cirro one, bought that but again battery is naf, not lasting me the day (and I don't vape a lot).

So wanting a serious machine, I don't mind spending money, what is dual coil? What's the best battery? Atomiser...

Thanks in advance everyone Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

magimedi · 24/03/2015 22:43

Go & find a local independent vape shop & have a chat with them.

Honestly, they will sort you out.

At an entry (ie early on in vaping) level you'd not go wrong with getting an ego battery:

www.amazon.co.uk/900mAh-eGo-T-Battery-Black-Stainless/dp/B00EZ1IUMU

And WELL DONE on giving up the 'stinkys'

Please
or

PolterGoose · 25/03/2015 12:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

Allergictoironing · 25/03/2015 13:11

Battery capacities are given in mAh, the bigger the number the longer the battery will last (all other things being equal). So a 1300 mAh battery will last up to twice as long as a 650 mAh battery.

The Titan starter kit seems to be 150 mAh Shock which is TINY, smaller than most cig-a-likes. The Cirro all seem to be 650mAh.

So when you do decide what type you want, make sure it's at least 900mAh preferably higher if you want it to last all day Smile

Please
or

crispandfruity · 25/03/2015 20:50

I went straight for a 1100mAh battery and very quickly got myself a kanger dual coil tank.

I have 2 decent batteries (and 4 650 ones!) and have not had that horrid waiting to charge issue that I remember with cigalikes!

Please
or

BotoxBitch · 25/03/2015 22:37

Hi crisp, was this all online or local shop? X

OP's posts:
Please
or

butterfly2015 · 28/03/2015 15:17

I'm joining in here. Bought my ecig 10 days ago and not smoked a real one since. I've just ordered a spare battery from the link on here so I don't need to wait for the recharge.

Please
or

crispandfruity · 28/03/2015 17:15

Hola! I got my first 1100 from a real life shop. I ordered my second one and some new tanks and coils from vapeclub.co.uk

I got the 650's from various local shops (home bargains, my newsagents etc) just out of curiosity. If I'm going out to the pub or something I'll take a cheapo 650 and bog standard clearothingy just in case I drunkenly lose them!

Please
or

crispandfruity · 28/03/2015 17:16

btw, well done butterfly!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.