Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I am a vaping pleb. Please assist me!

Wadingthroughsoup · 21/03/2015 16:51

I have found so much excellent information on this board so thank you for that, before I say anything else. Grin

I have been vaping for a week now, and was using a standard 'ego' style battery which I bought on the internet (I have two of them so I'd have one on charge while using the other). They were fine to begin with but when I started vaping more frequently, I found the batteries were losing charge very quickly.

So I went to my local vape shop today to ask for a better battery and came away with an evod twist II, which I'm happy with. The shop owner talked about the variable voltage and explained that, if I want to be able to use the higher voltages, I'd need a dual coil....thingy...atomizer? Tank? Whatever the feck it's called!

So I need help finding the right sort of thing that will fit the evod and work well with it.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about (I don't), please give me your words of wisdom!

OP's posts:
Please
or

crispandfruity · 21/03/2015 17:56

I'm no expert but I think a kanger mini protank with kangertech dual coils would work.

Please
or

PolterGoose · 21/03/2015 18:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

Allergictoironing · 21/03/2015 18:32

You may get an even better vape with a dual coil atomiser, but I change the voltage quite happily with EVOD twists, vision spinners and my iStick using single coil atomisers. He was probably right that you get the best effect using a dual coil on there though.

I'd guess your ego batteries were small-ish capacity rather than having any problems, most of the cheaper on-line ego kits are max 650mAh & sometimes as small as 350mAh - your EVOD is likely somewhere between 1000 and 1600mAh so will last much longer between charges.

Any tank that fits on your Ego will fit the EVOD quite happily BTW.

Please
or

PolterGoose · 21/03/2015 18:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

Wadingthroughsoup · 21/03/2015 18:44

Oh wow, thanks so much all. I will experiment merrily with voltage then!

The vape shop lady didn't explicitly say why she was advising a dual coil so I somehow read between the lines and inferred that it would be dangerous or something. If not, then great :)

I might upgrade my tank at some point as I'm beginning to think I might be in this for the long haul Grin But for now, what I've got is doing the trick. Thanks very much for your help.

OP's posts:
Please
or

crispandfruity · 21/03/2015 18:56

I started off (3 weeks ago lol!) with a 650 battery and a throwaway clearo. It's amazing how quickly you get assimilated into the set ups. I recommend youtube for videos where you get to see what's what.

Ps - we are the Borg :)

Please
or

ditavonteesed · 21/03/2015 19:03

my favourite set up (I have only tried a few) is a vision spinner with the pro tank which is a dual coil. As others have said just change the voltage to suit the clearo. I think I must be vaping too much at the moment as my spinner is only lasting a day Blush

Please
or

WenstonMum · 25/03/2015 09:57

The kanger mini protank 3 is the answer.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.