Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

help with vapouriz fuse

starsandunicorns · 09/01/2015 06:46

Hello i got a vapouriz fuse yesterday via groupan website charged it last night via laptop till green light used it this morning but it getting hot around the connection of the battery and the metal coil that goes into the liquid is this normal i have a 7 day return also when i inhale i dont get vapour sometimes is this normal

OP's posts:
Please
or

PlentyOfPubeGardens · 09/01/2015 09:35

The hotness around the connection is totally normal - that's the coil getting hot to vapourise the liquid. You only need worry if the battery itself gets very hot (slightly warm battery is OK)

The not getting vapour sometimes could be one of a couple of things:

Does the light flash on and off when you press the button? Most batteries have a 10 second cut-out but sometimes the battery can get a bit 'confused' and start flashing before 10 seconds. Try switching it off and then on again, this often fixes it. If it continues to flash it's a sign it's not charging properly and you should ask for a replacement.

If the button light is behaving normally you might have a connection problem between the tank and the battery. This can happen if it's been screwed on too tight at some point (never screw it on hard, just until the threads start to 'bite'). You can try and also pulling down the very bottom part of the atomiser (but be gentle, don't pull it out altogether)

Please
or

starsandunicorns · 09/01/2015 10:13

Ok thankyou i will try the battery thing when home dont want to be messing about with it when work Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

Allergictoironing · 09/01/2015 11:30

Another silly thing not getting vapour could be that the buttons on some batteries need to be pressed JUST right - I noticed this with my iStick when I was pressing the button at a bit of an angle sometimes, and it wasn't making a perfect connection.

Please
or

starsandunicorns · 09/01/2015 12:08

Ok thanks theres loafs of ppl at work that vap and get all techy am too scared to ask them

OP's posts:
Please
or

PolterGoose · 09/01/2015 17:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

starsandunicorns · 09/01/2015 18:16

They have who can produce the most smoke competitions though do like the way they taste each other new favours

Its working better now I have vapour now though not much taste ( strawberry)
Its all very techy

OP's posts:
Please
or

justbatteringon · 09/01/2015 18:20

Ohh I've ordered one of these for dp from gropon. Just thought I'd share I'll let you know how his gets on when it arrives

Please
or

starsandunicorns · 09/01/2015 18:23

Smile justbatteringon

OP's posts:
Please
or

PolterGoose · 09/01/2015 18:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

starsandunicorns · 09/01/2015 18:41

Thank you Poltergoose Flowers

OP's posts:
Please
or

PlentyOfPubeGardens · 09/01/2015 20:43

I think it's easier to get a decent vape and problem solve if you understand how it all works.

This with knobs on! As soon as your first coil dies rip it to bits and see how it's made. It's just a curly bit of wire stuck on top of a battery with a bit of fuzzy stuff poked through the middle Grin

Meanwhile, don't be afraid to ask fellow vapers for help. The willy-wavers cloud-chasers piss me off a bit but if you say 'can you get this working for me?' they'll be fighting over it. I've never met a vaper who hasn't rejoiced at the chance to help someone else make the switch and most of them will have started on far more basic kit than you're using.

Sounds like it's going not too badly, well done! You'll probably try lots of flavours before you settle on a few you like. Menthol's good if you're not tasting much. It mixes nicely with lots of flavours.

Please
or

Allergictoironing · 09/01/2015 22:31

I did a quick poll with some mates of mine recently; I probably know the most technically regarding vaping, and have certainly read up the most about it & tried the most flavours among us. One didn't care as long as it tasted & felt similar to the old menthol fags she gave up about 4 years ago, one wanted strong flavours he liked & reasonable amount of vapour, I was most interested in flavour & throat hit, and for the 4th it was all about vapour & a bit on throat hit & flavour.

Interestingly the other woman used whatever kit her husband gave her & told her to use, I have tried loads of different bits of kit & am most concerned with performance & feel, and BOTH the guys want kit that looks big & macho!

Please
or

starsandunicorns · 11/01/2015 19:12

Its getting better doing slow draws still having the odd cig but only had 3 today since 8am when I got up dh is looking at getting one too he tried it last time but only did it for a week still early days though tomorrow will d day as at work with the cloud chasers ugh

OP's posts:
Please
or

WenstonMum · 15/02/2015 09:03

The hotness happens in the connection part is normal, but it was weird that did not generate any vapor. I suggest a weak contact could happen between the clearomizer and the battery. Return it!

Please
or

PlentyOfPubeGardens · 15/02/2015 20:53

Westonmum it might be worth reading the whole thread, not just the OP.

Please
or

magimedi · 15/02/2015 23:14

WestonMum - I don't know what your agenda is & I would not be surprised if you suddenly start advertising the latest trend in vaping - but you are really pissing everyone off with your random, late to the thread, not reading the whole thread, type of posts.

Frankly why don't you just give up with your unhelpful posts.

(And I have been so polite with that last sentence.)

Please
or

magimedi · 15/02/2015 23:16

Well done on only 3 cigs, Stars - think of all the ones you did not smoke.

Please
or

starsandunicorns · 17/02/2015 21:21

Grin magi i done 4 weeks real cigs free now vaping a mint fav this week its mild just like polos mints though still love my strawberry

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.