Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Cough after stopping smoking: did you get one?

Raia · 19/08/2014 09:06

I stopped smoking 5 months ago (I now vape instead), and in the last 6-8 weeks I've developed a persistent cough. At first it was a dry cough, but now it's become more of a chesty cough. My chest feels tight and wheezy and I also feel a bit 'sinusy', eg I keep getting 'blocked ears' like you do on a plane. I've googled it but most people seem to be talking about coughing in the first few weeks of stopping smoking rather than several months later. Now I'm thinking I should see my GP as the cough/wheeziness is getting worse. Is it just my body adjusting after 30+ years of smoking? Did anyone else get these symptoms after stopping smoking?

OP's posts:
Please
or

velouria · 11/09/2014 17:46

My smokers cough lessened, but I found that I was very err mucousy iyswim, millions of snot etc Hmm and obviously the coughing up of the accumulated crap. It does sound like a bug, or maybe even a touch of asthma, I'd go to the gp Smile.

Please
or

PolterGoose · 19/08/2014 21:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

PlentyOfPubeGardens · 19/08/2014 13:14

I occasionally still hoik up a bit of phlegm after 10 1/2 months. Yours doesn't sound like that though. It's quite possibly a bug. If you're worried go to the GP, it's been going on for a few weeks now. Hope you feel better soon Flowers

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?