Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

All the new vapers :)

ineedausername · 17/06/2014 13:53

How are we all doing?
That's me almost 2 full weeks off the stinkies! I actually can't believe it!
Nothing else ever worked, I have crap willpower and always ended up sliding back into it :)
I'm using a rainbow vision spinner battery and the cheap Gs h2's which I vastly prefer to the pro tank 2 mini which makes everything taste burnt in my opinion!
I have a nice wee collection of juices, mostly from the Alchemists Cupboard, a few from trip hammer and just basic normal flavours too.
My partner has also stopped, but just using tobacco flavour. Now he is eyeing up my fancier battery (he has his EVOD from our starter kit) and mumbling about getting himself one too :)
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here, loads of advice and always answered my most basic questions!

OP's posts:
Please
or

PlentyOfPubeGardens · 17/06/2014 21:50

You're doing brilliantly, ineed! Two weeks, that has flown by! The vaping threads, starting right back with the original 'evangelical' thread, and now this section, have helped so many people I have lost count.

8 1/2 months in I also want to say thank you. I wouldn't have done it without you vaping vipers Flowers

Please
or

PolterGoose · 18/06/2014 10:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

magimedi · 19/06/2014 08:23

Nearly 21 months here - I can't believe how it has changed my life.

Please
or

magimedi · 19/06/2014 08:24

Posted too soon - meant to say well done to ineed.

Please
or

Boomerwang · 24/06/2014 15:18

Been vaping for over three weeks now. Not gonna lie, I've been smoking too. My liquid was too weak while I learn more about it but now I've sorted out some stronger stuff. I get the buzz in my head like I do after a cigarette now, and cigarettes taste foul but I still haven't managed to stop wanting them. I'm going to give it a proper shot from today as the last cigarette is gone and I only bought my nicotine base yesterday so I guess today is the start of quitting smoking really.

Please
or

magimedi · 24/06/2014 17:57

Go for it, boomerwang. Loads of us 'dual fuelled' for a while & then quit the stinkys with ease.

Please
or

PlentyOfPubeGardens · 24/06/2014 19:58

Good luck Boomer, you should be fine now you have some decent strength juice. Is your partner stopping too? If not, ask him to do the decent thing and not smoke near you, at least for a bit.

I'm sure you know this already but do be careful with the nic base. If you spill it on you, it won't kill you but could make you feel really ill if you don't wash it off quick. Also, of course, make sure it's out of reach of children and pets. It keeps best in the freezer, BTW.

Please
or

Boomerwang · 24/06/2014 22:36

Yes my partner is using an ecig too, and we've basically done it together, including smoking. If he buys any cigarettes he can keep them now, it's high time I took it all more seriously.

I didn't know that nicotine liquid could harm you. I've had it on my fingers because I have to prise the inner lid off when I use it, it's some kind of plastic stopper and obviously it gets on my fingers.

Will it evaporate quickly if I just remove the stopper completely? I can still put the lid on but is that enough?

Please
or

PlentyOfPubeGardens · 25/06/2014 08:02

Treat the 72mg with lots of care! There's a safety guide here. Wear gloves at the very least and clean up thoroughly after mixing.

The potential problem with leaving the stopper out of the bottle is that if it gets knocked over it could leak. You really really don't want this.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.