Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you feel comfortable being in a relationship with a man who calls other women sexist names when angry?

NeedQuickAdvice · 28/06/2022 01:02

Personal situation has led me to wonder. Would you feel comfortable being in a relationship with a man who calls other women sexist words like b word or c word when they anger or annoy him?

Personally I wouldn’t be, I think it’s unacceptable in all circumstances. I wouldn’t feel comfortable being in a relationship with a man who acted like that because it would show what he thinks of women generally. If he could disrespect another woman that way, he would disrespect me too in future. Curious what other women think.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BrylcreamBeret · 28/06/2022 01:07

Absolutely not, if a man lets rip with misogynistic language about women around you, he's telling you everything that you need to know. Run.

Please
or

Christinatheastonishing · 28/06/2022 01:07

I wouldn't no.

I'm well aware that my ex refers to me as the bitch, whore, slut etc to my tennage children (because they tell me) and his girlfriend, who is apparently a decent and quite successful woman, doesn't bat an eyelid. The mind boggles! Can't she see that'll be her being treated like that one day?!

Please
or

UpToMyElbowsInDiapers · 28/06/2022 01:09

Definite red flag.

Please
or

Stichintime · 28/06/2022 01:09

No way.

Please
or

FarKingHell · 28/06/2022 01:12

No I wouldn't stand for it. I think this a common thing though hearing from friends and other people and some women do put up with it.

Please
or

StarCourt · 28/06/2022 01:14

This was actually the straw that broke the camels back in my marriage

Please
or

Celia24 · 28/06/2022 01:24

No. I was seeing a self proclaimed feminist who did this. Dumped after 2 months.,

Please
or

TyneTeas · 28/06/2022 01:27

Also no Flowers

Please
or

blueshoes · 28/06/2022 01:31

No - it is only a matter of time before he turns on you. Run for the hills.

Please
or

THEDEACON · 28/06/2022 02:47

No just no

Please
or

Watchkeys · 28/06/2022 09:25

It's not even about morals for me, although of course they're there. It would just turn me right off him.

Please
or

Newgirls · 28/06/2022 09:28

No!

Ive also moved on from male friends who are like this. Nice to me but then would say awful comments about other women/exs and it made me see them in a new light.

Please
or

NightmareSlashDelightful · 28/06/2022 09:30

For me it’s less about the words themselves and more that he seems to get annoyed by women. It doesn’t sound like a healthy or safe pattern.

Please
or

RoseslnTheHospital · 28/06/2022 09:31

Nope, and similarly would not be friends with a man who spoke about women like this.

Please
or

cottagegardenflower · 28/06/2022 09:44

I would really hate this, but admit I have called Levi Bellfield an utter bastard, which is also sexist.
If your DP refers to specific women in these terms, then dump.

Please
or

Littleraindrop15 · 28/06/2022 10:03

sorry do you mean if he called a woman a B word but won't say to a woman she is being a Bast* or dic*d?

I mean I've seen on so many threads guys being called wank**s or something cocklodgers etc is that misogynistic then?
I'm a woman I would say b or whatever referring to another woman basically I use feminine swear words for woman and male ish ones for men is that wrong ? should I call them opposite

sorry confused a bit

Please
or

Pinkbonbon · 28/06/2022 10:22

Part of the reason reason left the last guy.

Not ok with men using words like slut. Or making sweeping condesending statements to me about women ect...

I don't think he was necessarily sexist, I think he was just immature. But I wasn't willing to hang around to find out.

Please
or

Amid · 28/06/2022 10:31

No, wouldn't be happy with any man who got annoyed or angry regularly, let alone making remarks towards women as a whole.

Please
or

MichelleScarn · 28/06/2022 10:51

Littleraindrop15 · 28/06/2022 10:03

sorry do you mean if he called a woman a B word but won't say to a woman she is being a Bast* or dic*d?

I mean I've seen on so many threads guys being called wank**s or something cocklodgers etc is that misogynistic then?
I'm a woman I would say b or whatever referring to another woman basically I use feminine swear words for woman and male ish ones for men is that wrong ? should I call them opposite

sorry confused a bit

Kind of agree with this.
Would you get rid of a friend who said their ex was a fucking dickhead or called another woman a bitch?

Do you never use insulting words about anyone ever?

Please
or

TortugaRumCakeQueen · 28/06/2022 11:36

We were watching the news earlier, about a murderer who got released after serving his sentence - he never told the victim's mum where the body was.

I called him a C bomb. Does that mean I hate men? Does that mean that men should avoid dating me? (I'm not single, but you get my drift).

Please
or

ImJustMadAboutSaffron · 28/06/2022 11:50

No. My ex, who was perfectly normal and intelligent most of the time, called women who he didn't like a cow, a stupid mare, a bitch and a bint which is one of the reasons he is now my EX.

Please
or

WhisperGold · 28/06/2022 12:25

Calling Levi Bellfield

Please
or

WhisperGold · 28/06/2022 12:27

Posted too soon.
Calling Levi Bellfield a bastard is sexist?
Why?

Please
or

Crikeyalmighty · 28/06/2022 12:33

My H does this when driving- lots of 'stupid cows, thick bitch etc and if I say anything he then says 'when you drive (I don't) you will be exactly the same.- I don't think I will he's also Rude about male drivers too- not just the women.

This is otherwise an intelligent bloke - like the person above said about their ex.

I hate it and he knows I hate it too.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.