Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Pram recommendations, first time parent feeling lost!

eimear96 · 28/06/2022 19:50

This is my first pregnancy and feel a bit overwhelmed by choosing a pram, could anyone help?
I looked at the Uppababy Vista 2 but not sure is this right for me or am I being taken in by recommendations/marketing?
I like walking and hoping to do lots with the baby, live near countryside but would drive sometimes to shops so hoping for one I can attach car seat to for nipping in and out?
My family lives a few hours away so would love one with bassinet for safe overnight sleeping. But also my car is not massive. Do you buy the car seat from the same brand or how do you choose?
Any advice? I would like to have another baby in the future so maybe something to consider?

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsWidgerysLodger · 29/06/2022 15:44

I second the Occarro - We had it in Chestnut too for DD and it was SO robust. Took everything we threw at it. I didn't notice it being overly heavy but I did notice the amount of shopping I could get in the basket which was HUGE! Also really easy to fold one handed once the buggy seat attachment is in place (world facing or parent facing)

Please
or

tealandteal · 29/06/2022 15:37

It can be overwhelming with all the choices. If you have a small car, start with ones that will fit in there. I wanted one that I could pop in without taking wheels off etc and I have a mini so choice were limited. I had the joie litetrax for my DS and the versatrax this time. I love it personally, the car seat and carry cot clip on easily.

Please
or

yaboreme · 29/06/2022 15:23

I got a mamas & papas occaro - it was on offer and came with car seat, bassinet, upright toddler bit (don't know the name) and accessories (footmuff,brolly, bag & cup holder - all things I thought I wouldn't use but absolutely did!).

I chose the chestnut colour, doesn't show stains as easily as others when they start snacking on walks.

The basket underneath was huge so could get all my shopping in. I used it ALOT!

It is a little heavier than others though so worth considering if you are lifting in and out of a car (I did but it was on the heavier side).

Please
or

eimear96 · 29/06/2022 15:04

Thank you all so much, this is great advice

OP's posts:
Please
or

SummerInSun · 28/06/2022 21:19

City Jogger GT - ie the one with the thicker wheels which are great off road. Folds in half so fits easily into a small boot. Can attach the car seat to it if you buy the right attachments. And the baby could sleep in the carry cot for the first three months or so. After that probably too big to be comfortable

Please
or

JazzyBBG · 28/06/2022 20:04

We had a britax and it was incredible, they don't sell as many travel systems in the UK now but you can still get them if you look. The car seat clips straight on, no need for adaptors and the pram throws open in one click - loved it.

Please
or

Flopisfatteningbingforchristmas · 28/06/2022 20:00

My DDs out grow the uppababy bassinet before 3 months. The perfect pram just doesn’t exist.

I went for the safety car seat. Think about the next size up and how much growing room there is if you are buying an isofix base.

Please
or

toastofthetown · 28/06/2022 19:58

I would highly recommend the YouTube channel The Stroller Workshop. He makes recommendations based on his experience working repairing strollers, so he has a significant amount of experience in failure points of many strollers, what makes a good stroller and what makes a bad one. Unlike many of the other pram review channels, he’s not trying to sell you a pushchair so his reviews are independent and honest. As he’s based in Norway he doesn’t have access to all the popular models in the UK, but he does have several of them.

I think all the Maxi Cosi and Cybex car seats will fit on the Vista with attachments, so not need to get the same brand, just get a car seat that fits your budget and needs - maybe in a bundle, maybe not.

Here’s the review of the Vista which he cries favourably.

Please
or

kmbegs · 28/06/2022 19:57

I went with the icandy orange because I wanted it to be good for future kids too (lots of configurations and it has a built in buggy board) and also had a carrycot for safe sleep which I did find useful. I have friends with the uppababy and I think that looks like a good pram too, both have giant baskets and are very sturdy. But with both they are really bulky and getting them in and out of a car and like taking round shops is a hassle so I've ended up with a babyzen yo-yo as well (got it second hand). For me this works really well. If you do country walking I think you need something sturdy but I would also recommend something small for keeping in the car if you can afford it (and second hand is great).

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?