Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Amtico versus Moduleo for kitchen floor?

3 replies

polyhymnia · 23/08/2022 16:29

I’m replacing my kitchen and have decided on a luxury vinyl/ laminate type floor. I’ve had Amtico in bathrooms in our last house and been very pleased with it. So planning to go with that, but my local supplier seems to be pushing Moduleo as better - cheaper I think but not quite sure how it’s supposed to be better in other ways.
Views, please, on your experience with either - or both if you’ve tried both.
TIA

OP's posts:
Please
or

CharlieMN · 23/09/2022 17:00

Hey Poly

A word of advice if it's not too late. The Moduleo product is fine but it's all down to the fitting. Their policy on installers is not as strict as the others and you must have a very flat floor. Theyll charge for screeding but won't check if the flatness is upto the product spec afterwards. Needless to say if the floor isn't very flat you will get gaps between the boards and they'll try and convince you to silicone it, which you don't won't on a bad job that should have been done right. Hope that helps. Just make sure they make sure the floor is flat enough and get it in writing. Check out the other other threads on here there have been lots of posts on it

Please
or

polyhymnia · 22/09/2022 13:15

Too late, I think. I’ve almost decided!

OP's posts:
Please
or

CharlieMN · 17/09/2022 10:37

hi poly

is this still a live Q for you, do you still need an answer to this?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?