Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Video doorbell - ring vs eufy

10 replies

Sum2021 · 31/07/2021 20:53

Hello,

Am looking to purchase a video doorbell (and poss outdoor camera system). Please could I have your opinions on Ring and Eufy (and any other contenders). We have an echo dot but would be watching/reacting through our phone. Need something reliable.

Also, is there an option to get doorbell and cameras for front of house ans garden all on one reliable system?

OP posts:
Please
or

scammedmum29 · 01/08/2021 07:46

We have eufy security cameras and a ring door bell. The eufy cameras are great, they are wireless, have 6 months battery life and recordings are stored on a hub which you access through an app, no subscription needed. You can set the sensitivity, recording length etc to suit your needs. Charging is easy, just take down and plug in for a few hours. Have connected them to our echo show and we can view outside on it if we need to or just use our phones.

The ring door bell is a first gen, it’s okay but battery life is poor and constantly needs recharged. It’s integrated on our echo show but is slightly slow in displaying. You need to pay a subscription to access recordings. We’ll be swapping it for a eufy door bell- depending on which one you buy you can link to the same hub as the cameras.

Please
or

Sum2021 · 03/08/2021 11:18

Thank you. Eufy it is.

OP posts:
Please
or

leakymcleakleak · 03/08/2021 11:21

We have a ring and I am happy with it: we also have ring alarm system. What I like is you can add on to it and control it all from your phone. So, we can go into the app, look at security cameras, set the alarm if we've forgotten to, see who is at the door. You can then just 'add in' an extra camera if you need one. And there's monitoring which you pay for but it will ring numbers if you don't respond/deactivate alarm. We're v happy with it: looked into other doorbells but felt integrating them was just a lot of hassle. Might be worth it if you are more technologically minded.

Please
or

Sum2021 · 03/08/2021 19:51

I like the idea of being able to add cameras as and when can afford to buy more, also liking that it will phone numbers if no deactivation. Im guessing you dont get that with Eufy?

OP posts:
Please
or

Sum2021 · 14/11/2021 01:37

I know old thread now but with black friday coming up im actually getting round to buying either ring or eufy so any other opinions would be appreciated.

OP posts:
Please
or

EshanM73 · 14/11/2021 04:15

Same as user above were looking to get one although heard you need to pay for Ring which i dislike, but hoping their will be some decent black market deals for both. Ddi you end up going with the Eufy in the end and if so what are your thoughts?

Please
or

Yayalala · 14/11/2021 04:52

Have you looked at the Google Nest Hello video doorbell? That's another option.

Please
or

CointreauVersial · 14/11/2021 13:55

We recently bought a Ring - we got an excellent price at Costco. It came with a Chime, which you need if you want an audible ring in the house.

Pleased with it in general, although you do need decent Wifi - if it drops out you are left with no way of visitors ringing the doorbell (mum had to shout through the letterbox Grin), and it's a pain to reconnect. It also took a lot of "tweaking" because at first it picked up every bus or lorry that drove past, but it's fine now. There is a charge (£25 a year, I think) if you want it to store videos (which we did want, after a couple of low-level vandalism occurances at the front of the house). If you don't want to pay this it just works as a "live" doorbell/camera.

It integrates vey easy with Alexa, and you can add in cameras if required.

Please
or

Grimbelina · 15/11/2021 11:40

Eufy!

Please
or

Sum2021 · 16/11/2021 03:44

Thanks for all of the input. I havent purchased yet (to PP) but planning to in black friday. Im still torn but leaning ever so slightly towards Eufy as my understanding is that it is not as dependant on wifi and our wifi router isnt near the door so I assume ring might drop in and out? This is just based on what ive research and other peoples experiences.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?