Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnetters are experts in finding the best deals on everything from fashion to home energy providers. Looking for more? Head to our Discount codes hub to save money when you buy from your favourite brands.

Top tip: saved over 5k on my loft conversion

Lisa1001 · 02/01/2020 19:48

Hi all Grin

Long time lurker first time poster !

I really wanted a loft conversion for ages but never got round to it, I finally convinced the hubby to get some quotes so we could have a nose and get an idea of what we could afford. I got 3 quotes and had no clue what I was reading Confused

A friend of mine recommended this company HIC (home improvement consultants) I’d never heard of it but basically they compared the quotes for me and sent me a report, honestly you would not believe the differences!!! One included spotlights the other included only 5 and one of them didn’t even quote for it. Some had doors not included and all sorts of things, Anyway they did this offer where you pay £200 and if they don’t save you money they give it back in full. To be fair I wasn’t totally convinced with the whole no win no fee type thing but it actually was worth it we saved a bit over 5 grand and we got what we had actually asked for.

If anyone is doing something similar I would highly recommend it they were really friendly as well which was nice also it’s a no risk win win

OP's posts:
Please
or

cinnabunbun · 03/01/2020 22:44

This is interesting. Do you need the quotes to come back as really detailed breakdowns or a full schedule of works type document for them to pick through?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.