Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Best maternity leggings.....

Moominmiss · 15/04/2021 10:28

I’m struggling to find any that are thick enough that they aren’t see through at all.

I’ve got a couple pairs of H&M mama ones which I love but I can only get them in black or grey. I’d love a navy blue pair.

I have some blooming marvellous ones which are nice but don’t have the specific over bump panel, the seem at the front just sort of carries on high up.

I like the style of the H&M ones because of the over bump panel, I just wish they did more colour choices.

I’ve looked at seraphine ones but the reviews all said they were thinner than leggings and more like thicker tights where you’d need to only wear them under a dress or long top.

At this point I don’t even care about the price, I just want more choice than my black or grey leggings. I’ve got jeggings and jeans too but I really don’t find them as comfy to wear.

Help! Hit me with your best leggings!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Moominmiss · 15/04/2021 10:28

*seam not seem 🙄

OP's posts:
Please
or

Zippy1510 · 15/04/2021 10:31

Love leggings are great and come in a range of colours

Please
or

Moominmiss · 15/04/2021 10:35

Are Love Leggings any good?

Are they thick enough not to be see through?

What’s the sizing like? I wear medium H&M ones which are 12-14 I think so what size should I buy, 12 or 14?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Moominmiss · 15/04/2021 10:35

Thank you @Zippy1510 I just saw these!!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

daisydalrymple · 15/04/2021 10:36

I had some lovely ones from next, but dc3 is 6 now, so not sure if still as good

Please
or

ShyTown · 15/04/2021 10:36

Lululemon Align leggings. Not officially maternity but the stretch panel is just in the right place to accommodate a growing bump. I buy in one size bigger than my pre pregnancy size and they worked right up until the end even though DS was massive and I had a huge bump!

Please
or

victopai · 15/04/2021 10:37

Love leggings are amazing. I've just got some. But I would say they might be a tad too thick for the summer.

Please
or

wishing3 · 15/04/2021 10:38

Li e leggings do some thick felt lined ones that i had for over winter. Not sure about their regular ones.

Please
or

Chelyanne · 15/04/2021 10:39

I got new look ones. I always buy leggings in a size up as I use them in the gym too, hold up better for squats this way.

Please
or

Moominmiss · 15/04/2021 10:40

Thank you all! Loving the recommendations!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

wishing3 · 15/04/2021 10:43

Love not li

Please
or

Moominmiss · 15/04/2021 10:51

Oh god, I have way too much in my shopping bag on love leggings now 🙈

I’m only 5,1, so according to their size chart I should go for petite, but should I really?

I rarely buy petite length jeans etc from anywhere else.

Anyone able to help?

OP's posts:
Please
or

littledinokitty · 15/04/2021 11:03

I'm 5'1 and buy petite from love leggings but I need petite for jeans etc too, if you don't usually need a petite fit then I'd go with the regular length.

Please
or

SlovenlyUnwedMother · 15/04/2021 11:46

Another vote for Love Leggings here, I absolutely love them and wouldn't buy leggings anywhere else now. I'm 5'0" and wear petite maternity size 14 at the moment but earlier in my pregnancy I was in a 12 which is a bit tight on my bump now. Pre-pregnancy I usually wore size 12 leggings. They do jeggings and treggings too which I haven't tried but look good.

Please
or

Putthekettleon2021 · 15/04/2021 11:58

Another vote for Asos leggings. Which I may not still be wearing now as they're so comfy.

Please
or

Humpty11 · 15/04/2021 14:49

I’ve just bought the most comfortable maternity leggings from Aldi for £4.99. They are really good quality and so comfortable on the bump, I might have to go and buy some more!

Please
or

Luckyelephant1 · 15/04/2021 15:11

I personally did not like Love Leggings at all, I'm quite petite and slim but found they made me look much bigger than I am and aren't very slimline. Asos have been the best I've found so far. But I only really wear black leggings, not sure about other colours

Please
or

Mrslouu · 15/04/2021 19:19

I tried seraphine and more like tights, love leggings I can’t keep them up but look nice and not see through, I ordered some llama leisure (more workout designs) and at 6 months preg they stay up. Yay

Please
or

AlwaysLearning123 · 15/04/2021 22:40

Marks and Spencer's materrnity navy leggings , go up 2 sizes Smile

Please
or

May2021Mummy · 16/04/2021 05:47

I got a 2 pack of black maternity leggings for £15 from Very they are so comfy and good quality I had to order another pack because it's all I wear now. Sizing came up good too

Please
or

KM38 · 16/04/2021 06:20

Another vote for Love Leggings! I wore my normal dress size from 16-40 weeks 😊 they were great for the first few weeks after birth too!

Please
or

Nowisthemonthofmaying · 16/04/2021 06:22

Latched do amazing leggings, not see-through at all and they have pockets! I'm living in their postnatal ones at the moment.

Please
or

BlondePotter · 16/04/2021 08:34

I live in my 2 pairs of love leggings now, they didn't really stay up until third trimester with a proper bump though but they are thick so doesn't matter if your top doesn't quite cover your bum.
Despite being the same size, the black pair are 2 inches shorter than the navy though oddly.
I bought in a 16 which was pre pregnancy size although now at 32 weeks my thighs and bum seem to be getting much bigger so I'm going to order some more in the next size up.
M&s leggings are really thin and have gone saggy

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.