My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Baby Bjorn bouncer

57 replies

WalkingMeAway · 04/03/2021 18:59

Hi all!

I’ve seen such rave reviews about the Baby Bjorn bouncer. I’m struggling to see how it warrants the extra cost from a normal bouncer ?

Can anyone who has one let me know your thoughts ?

----

This thread is quite old now so some of the suggestions may be out of date, but if you’re looking for bouncers, we’ve recently updated our best baby bouncer page with lots of great options tried and tested by MNHQ and real parents, including info on the BabyBjorn bouncer, plus budget-friendly alternatives. We hope you find it useful.
MNHQ

OP posts:
Chelyanne · 04/03/2021 19:02

I can't see anything about it that justifies that price.
I rate the cheap £25 ones you can get from asda, do the job and don't cost the earth.

moonlight1705 · 04/03/2021 19:09

My DSis bought us one as a present. Honestly, it was the best thing ever. We tried other bouncers at friends houses and baby groups but it did not have the same effect on DD.

I don't know why it is so good but it really worked for us. Not sure I would have bought one myself beforehand but now I've lent it to my DSis who also loves it and would actually buy one.

Northernbeachbum · 04/03/2021 19:14

We had 9 bouncers - its the best by such a long long way!

WalkingMeAway · 04/03/2021 19:18

@moonlight1705 @Northernbeachbum but why 😂. It doesn’t vibrate ? It has no colour or toys ? What’s the magic?!

This will be third baby and I had the standard, garish vibrating bouncers with the first two

OP posts:
mynameiscalypso · 04/03/2021 19:21

Ours was magic. Actual magic. It was DS' favourite place in the world until I could no longer jam him into it.

avocadotofu · 04/03/2021 19:23

Our DS loved it! It was magic!

Northernbeachbum · 04/03/2021 19:25

Well for me Smile......

To bounce a normal bouncer is huge effort - the baby bjorn is next to none

It packs down tiny

Easy to strip down to wash

Magical sleep inducing powers

Chelyanne · 04/03/2021 19:30

Thought bouncers were not safe for sleeping....

Onedropbeat · 04/03/2021 19:34

I love it

It’s a proper baby sitter when I need baby to be contained

She naps well in it

Best baby buy

WalkingMeAway · 04/03/2021 19:41

Wow it appears indeed, to be magic ! These reviews are exactly the same as I’ve read everywhere.

It’s so expensive though !

OP posts:
LividLoving · 04/03/2021 19:41

God we loved it.

Bought an extra cover cos he’d always shit in it. Wish he could be contained so easily now...

mynameiscalypso · 04/03/2021 19:42

@LividLoving

God we loved it.

Bought an extra cover cos he’d always shit in it. Wish he could be contained so easily now...

We wore through one cover because we bounced it so much.
MeanMrMustardSeed · 04/03/2021 19:44

Absolutely loved ours. Bought it for £65 11 years ago and sold it last week on gumtree for £25 after 4 babies. It was the best.

Essybird · 04/03/2021 19:46

You can buy it off marketplace and it tends to hold its value really well.. I found one for £35 (with a toy bar, in excellent condition), and sold it on for £35. So yes it’s expensive but depends on how you go about getting it 🙂

JassyRadlett · 04/03/2021 19:48

I had a normal one for DS1 and the Bjorn for DS2 and god, they were chalk and really, really good cheese.

The Bjorn is more like a hammock so it supports them better - my midwife and HV both said it would be safe for supervised naps. Has three height positions. So far, so fine.

But the magic was that as soon as they move, it bounces. So you’re not sitting there with your bloody foot bouncing it, you’re not hearing the whirr of vibration whether needed or not. They stir, get restless, whatever - when they wriggle, it bounces. So they end up bouncing themselves.

Also the fact it folded properly flat was a godsend for trips away etc.

I got mine secondhand and sold it for what I paid for it.

Gwegowygwiggs · 04/03/2021 19:51

No it's actually pure magic. You won't understand unless you get one

mammmamia · 04/03/2021 19:51

It is excellent, I also bought second hand and sold them when we had finished.

There used to be a baby shop in north London where they had an adult size version you could try out to see how your baby would feel in it. God it was so comfy. What a great sales tactic!

Persipan · 04/03/2021 19:51

@LividLoving

God we loved it.

We used to refer to it as 'the pooing chair'.
mammmamia · 04/03/2021 19:52

I have twins and used to bounce them both to sleep in them.

mammmamia · 04/03/2021 19:53

Also the wooden toy bar - looks so simple but they love it.

Gastropod · 04/03/2021 19:55

Best bouncer by a country mile!

Packs flat so can take in car if travelling. Super light.

Both my babies loved it.

Bounce effort next to nothing, easy to do with one hand or foot.

And both mine fitted in safely (no chance of flipping) till they were quite big. It's very stable.

Poppins2016 · 04/03/2021 19:56

I inherited mine from SIL, absolutely brilliant for all the reasons stated above. I also love that it folds completely flat for travel/storage.

monkeyblonde · 04/03/2021 20:02

We had one a few years ago, we chose it especially as my son could sit very upright (almost standing) in it. He was on the verge of reflux and often a bit sick after a feed so this helped him rather than others where he was too laid back or a bit hunched.

mariebaby3 · 04/03/2021 20:02

I’m really sorry that I read this thread Grin I want one now!

WalkingMeAway · 04/03/2021 20:03

@mammmamia oh wow haha that sounds amazing!

You are all definitely selling it to me. I’m intrigued to see it in action more than anything !

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.